Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdreece Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Age a child can decide which parent he/she wants to live with
    How old does a child in Tn have to be before they can decide which parent he or she wants to live with?
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 09:31 PM

18. This is one of the most frequently asked questions on this board and I think the reason it is asked is that it reflects one of the many urban legends out there in family law, that mistaken belief that there is some magic age prior to the age of majority at which the child chooses a parent.

No. The child can choose which parent he wants to live with when he's no longer a child. Up until then it's for a judge to decide; however, the child's input can be considered in most places given his age, maturity and any number of other factors.
    bummed221 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 09:35 PM

Jamie?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How old in Canada do you have to be to decide what parent you want to live with [ 3 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to decide what parent you want to live with

What is the age a child can decide which parent to live with [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my daughter is 14 and doesn't like my rules, her father told her there would be no rules at his house if she went to live with him, does anyone know the rules in NH, can she just decide or does he have to fight me on this?

Age a child can decide which parent to live with [ 3 Answers ]

At what age can a child decide which parent they want to live with and what are the steps that need to be taken? Thanks in advance

At what age can a child decide which parent they want to live with [ 1 Answers ]

At what age can a child decide which parent they want to live with in Texas

View more questions Search