Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arshs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 08:41 PM
    Invisible insects biting and spreading in house
    Hi,
    I live in a 2 story house and this started about a week ago when myself and my roommate were starting to experience intense itching at night, we have no animals here at the house. A couple of days later I tried my hardest to inspect my bed which has light colored sheets. I saw nothing! Then I called some companies and they all suggested its bed bugs. Terminix came out and inspected my bed and the guys said it is not bed bugs since there were not blood marks in any of my sheets or clothes. The rest of the week I still experienced intense itching at night which has been leaving red bumps on my skin. Even when I sit at my computer (at night), I get bit but when I try to see what has bitten me I see, nothing! To this day I still see nothing whenever I try to inspect. Mostly happens underneath my clothes. All this biting also seems to occur more at night. Its now slowly spreading to other rooms in the house. If anyone has any suggestions on which products I can use to get rid of this invisible insect I would appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 09:11 PM

How long have you been living there? Did you just move in recently?
    arshs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 10:37 PM
    I've lived here for 10 years and never have experienced this issue
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 29, 2009, 02:53 AM
    If you look down the list of questions here you will note several posts about invisible biting bugs, some approaching the length of a Tom Clancy novel. There are some species of mite that are nearly microscopic and can cause dermatitis just like you describe. Have a doctor who is familiar with collembola mites examine your rash. He/she can provide rellief for you and recommendations for solving the problem in your house.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 03:46 PM

I heard Bed Bugs are a current problem in several parts of the Country. I know they said it wasn't?
    Carpet, Fleas?
    Down here we have "No See Ums" A real Pain, never see them a problem in a house.
    mmarsha Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Aug 17, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arshs View Post
    Hi,
    I live in a 2 story house and this started about a week ago when myself and my roomate were starting to experience intense itching at night, we have no animals here at the house. A couple of days later I tried my hardest to inspect my bed which has light colored sheets. I saw nothing! Then I called some companies and they all suggested its bed bugs. Terminix came out and inspected my bed and the guys said it is not bed bugs since there were not blood marks in any of my sheets or clothes. The rest of the week I still experienced intense itching at night which has been leaving red bumps on my skin. Even when I sit at my computer (at night), I get bit but when I try to see what has bitten me I see, nothing! To this day I still see nothing whenever i try to inspect. Mostly happens underneath my clothes. All this biting also seems to occur more at night. Its now slowly spreading to other rooms in the house. If anyone has any suggestions on which products I can use to get rid of this invisible insect I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

Hello, My heart goes out to you. Have you had any issues with leaky water? Plumbing problems? And how old is your house? I have been going through what you are describing for the better part of 2 years and I am still dealing with this monster that I now believe to be mold, fungus related and partly to genetically modified bio insecticides. I have tried every thing including throwing away everything in my house. I am still having problems! Through all of this I have found a couple things to help alleviated some of my symptoms, Benonite oral Clay Detox, Vita-k age spots solutions, put from head to toe, you may have to use it daily for a week to get max benefit, put this cream on thick and I mean every where. Thirdly go to local Health food store and buy a bottle of GSE; GRAPE SEED EXTRACT and apply like 20 -30 drops in your shampoo and liquid soap. Keep your home as clean as possible. Make enzyme spray of 20-30 drops extract and HALF AND HALF vinegar and water, you may also apply some lemon grass essential oil and lavender , spray your immediate living area several times daily with solution and consider getting your home professionally tested for mold and other fungus and toxins. Is where I would start if I were you. I have used Lindane Lotion, shampoo and so on. None of this helped and Because like you I had several different pesticide co. come and inspect and paid to have my home professional treated, got rid of furniture etc... None of this helped! And was beginning to believe that I was crazy and this was a mental disorder, so I tried my very best to do what I had been told by med. Community and pest people which was to ignore it and it would go away. WRONG!! And I almost forgot to mention I wash clothes in ammonia and always use iron. The vita-k is the best thing I have found so far and catsmine, will I am sure agree that I have tried every thing. Why Vita -k works?? I think vitamin K is effective for the viral aspect and dimethicone smothers them.I am only giving my own personal story here and what has worked for one will not necessarily work for another, in my own case I believe this is some type of fungal or viral in compound with possible infection from type of Genetic modified parasitic wasp that I believe gives us viral and or fungal infections that produce blk debris and or white flakes that look like flaking piece's of dry skin. I reiterate that the things I have mentioned are what seems to help my symptom's but You should research these products and make sure they don't conflict with any other treatments or meds you may be on. But these things for me have been the least toxic and most effective. Do not Ignore. If you do, you will regret it. Good luck!!
    mmarsha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible biting/stinging bugs [ 59 Answers ]

We live close to several farmer's fields and have gotten overwhelmed by some type of grain mite. As of yet, no one has been able to identify which specific type. Have tried many different sprays along w/ the exterminators advice. Anyone know how to get rid of these things. We have lost a couch...

Invisible biting mite [ 15 Answers ]

Google brought me to this site because someone else had a similar question. Many years ago I picked up a coffee table from the trash of a dilapidated house. Not long after I felt "things" on my legs in my car. These spread indoors and were mostly active at night. Since then I have controlled...

Non-biting almost invisible tiny flyers [ 2 Answers ]

I have some type of tiny flying insect that flys super fast. They constantly fly, running into my skin anywhere it is bare,face, mouth, eyes, ears arms, legs etc. By the time you reach to rub where it is flying against you, it is already on another part of you. They will not leave me alone. They...

What are these almost invisible biting bugs in 1 room of our house? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Colorado and for the last year we are getting bites from some invisible flying bugs. We have bombed the entire house, sprayed the front and back yards including the foundation of our house as well. The bites are small raised red bumps that really itch. They seem to bite more at night. ...

Invisible biting mite [ 2 Answers ]

I know you have previous question but the answers are no good. We have had a problem now for about 3 years. You can feel them jump on you, they don't bite all the time but they do bite but don't leave a mark. They are in our mattress and our lounge all the soft furnishings and carpet. Also in our...

View more questions Search