Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buzzie2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Green Card Restrictions on Traveling Outside of US
    Hi,

I understand that I can stay outside of the US for 6months or less without having to notify the government (fill out re-entry form.)

Now, is there a requirement as to how long you have to stay in the US after you return (after being away for 6months or less) before you leave again?

Thank you!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 01:46 PM

If re-entry permit is not filed, you have 12 months but after 6 months it's a risk as immigration officers may assume that you no longer want to reside in US permanently. You status can be revoked at the port of entry.
    krishambika Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Oct 6, 2010, 06:19 PM
    I have a Green card .How long can I stay out of US without risk of losing my Green card status .Some one tells me that I can't stay out of US for more than 365 days while some one else tells me that it is not true

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am an F1 student from India Can I be eligbile for green card lottery Sincerely Zulfikar

Green card holder traveling to Japan. [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, I just got my green card and I have a Filipino passport. I plan on traveling to Japan in a few weeks, do I NEED a VISA? Also, I just got married last year, would I have to purchase the plane tickets in my aiden name or married name? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

View more questions Search