Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shirlyn625 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 09:27 PM
    Puppy throwing up white foam?
    My puppy is throwing up white foamy stuff, what is it? What is wrong with him?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 2, 2009, 09:44 PM

Get him to a vet asap!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 2, 2009, 09:49 PM

How old is he? Did you just get him? Has he had all of his shots yet? I agree with Wondergirl! To the vet ASAP!
    JonathanMDO Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 10:02 PM

Ummm I wouldn't know but I know I would definitely take my dog to the VET!!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 2, 2009, 10:06 PM

Just a few other questions. Is your dog eating and drinking normally? Is he alert or is he seeming to be lethargic? Has he had normal bowel movements with no changes, and has he been peeing as usual? Have you recently changed his food?
    angelskiss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 12:18 AM
    I have had the same problem with my almost 6 month old boxer the past couple of days. Wednesday she was fine until that evening and I found out my sister in law fed her a lot of pork skins that she had. Could that be part of the problem? She drinks a little during the day but seem much worse at night and won't eat anything now. I haven't been able to get ahold of the vet she see's but still trying. And is also vomiting up the white foamy liquid, but not as much as she was before.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 18, 2009, 12:50 AM

found out my sister in law fed her a lot of pork skins that she had. Could that be part of the problem?
    I'm not sure if the pork skins is a part of the problem but it is an interesting thought. I know someone who's 3 year old French Bulldog throws up white foam anytime he eats a pork skin product. I would definitely suggest that both the OP and angelkiss bring their dogs into the vet ASAP. If it is something more serious like parvo then time is of the essence. I would suggest possibly asking your vet about any connection between pig skin and vomiting while you are there.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 03:15 AM

Need to know the age of the puppy and was the foam pure white or did it have any food or more importantly grass in with it?
    My dogs throw up on occasion just from upset tummies but the oam is usually yellowish and more often that not has grass in it as they eat grass to try and settle their stomachs.

If your puppy is acting in any way lethargic, or seems sick in any way get it to a vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat vomiting white foam then green liquid [ 4 Answers ]

My cat is a little over 1 year and a couple days ago she was vomiting a somewhat white foam a few times.after that I don't think she has vomited,but I'm not always home.well my sister told me she vomited green liquid today.so I was wondering if that is something I need to take her to the vet for...

Shih Tzu throwing up white foam [ 3 Answers ]

My family's 2 year old male Shih Tzu has been throwing up since yesterday. It is a white foamy substance with no signs of anything in it. He seems to be upbeat as usual. Just a few days ago one of our oldest female Shih Tzu had to go into surgery to remove a stone in her bladder. She to threw up...

Puppy throwing up clear liquid/white foamy [ 3 Answers ]

My question is pertaining to our 10 week old puppy. He was fine this morning, but for the past four hours has been throwing clear liquid and white foamy stuff up. He's wabbly on his feet also. I have since been told that he was chewing on our Angel Trumpet Plant. He has stopped throwing up, but...

Puppy throwing up, no poopin [ 12 Answers ]

I have a year and 3 month old cairn terrier. For the past three mornings, she has woken up and thrown up. She also hasn't been pooping normally. Other than that, she is pretty much herself. She does seem a little lethargic, but it is really hot out so it could be from that. Is this a case of...

White foam [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me why when I put my pump on I get a white foam from the return??

View more questions Search