Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marygrace53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2009, 04:54 PM
    Pain on both sides of waist area
    My husband is experiencing pain on both sides of his waist area. I can't think of anything that would cause this. He has not done any exercise that one would think might be the cause of such pain. What could this possibly be? He is a CHF patient, but he has not had this pain before... it's the BOTH sides that is puzzling to me.

Many thanks,

Mary
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 05:05 PM

It appears that his lungs are demanding more work from his heart. He has had congestive heart failure. He has shortness of breath ? Both sides, both lungs.

Tick
    Holistic Doctor Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2009, 04:22 AM

Excess gas in the large intestine can cause pain on both sides of the waist.
    If your husband is prone to indigestion and gets gas trouble frequently or after eating a particular kind of food, perhaps this could be the cause?

Has he had a regular bowel movement, as constipation can cause gas to accumulate too.

You could ask him to chew some fennel or give him some water in which a 1/2 inch piece of ginger has been boiled for around ten minutes, to see if his pain reduces or stops.

Many antacids also reduce gaseous abdominal distension, you could try an antacid if you have have it on hand.

If these simple measures do not work, you would need to get a medical opinion, if the pain is bad or persistent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left waist pain. [ 17 Answers ]

I am 26 year old man, I have been recently getting pains in my waist area periodically throughout the day for about the past 6mo. The ache is mostly on the left side.. the organs in the area are colon and kidneys -yet I don't have any abnormal stool or urine deposits... At first I thought I...

Area of a rt traingle when all sides have x as a variable. [ 1 Answers ]

hope you can help. My son has done a 50 question review for a test and cannot figure out one problem. I have tried, but keep coming up with the wrong asnwer as well. here is the question; find the area of a right triangle, whose sides have lengths x cm, (3x+3) cm, and (3x+4) cm. we started by...

Waist pain [ 1 Answers ]

What could be the cause of pain just above my right waist+

On & off pain in left waist area [ 2 Answers ]

I've seen 3 doctors this last week for an on & off gnawing type pain in my left waist that goes down into my lower left side. I can sometimes feel sensitivity to my leg also. I've been having back problems, but nothing is showing up in the lower back x-rays. The dr. thinks I may have the start...

View more questions Search