Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    station2station Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 08:54 AM
    Soma long term side effects?
    Hi. I was involved in a car accident late last year and it left me with a bad spasm due to the operation they did on my back. I am now on soma to help me with the pain for like 3 months. I'm wondering if there's any addiction that can be caused by soma? Or are there any negative long term effects from it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 09:42 AM

Hi station, I know of no drug called 'soma'. You probably have the spelling wrong, typing it wrong. Please look at your prescription and get the name right please. Was there not any information that came with your prescription, telling you of side effects to watch out for, etc.

Tick
    tumbleandtwirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 12:52 PM
    station2station is probably referring to the muscle relaxant soma (carisoprodol). If this is the correct drug, the known side effects are light headedness, fainting, etc. You can refer to the label for more info. Also, soma information can be found on the web (just google it) or more importantly, talk to your doctor about this issue. For the addiction question, it can be habit forming so make sure you monitor your intake of it and it should also be well-documented by your doctor. Hope this helps.
    Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 03:56 PM

Hi Keep, 'soma' did not come up in a Google search that is why I asked. I am confused as to why the disagree if I couldn't find a reference for the name of the drug the OP mentioned. I don't care about the disagree, I am just wondering why cause it doesn't make sense. It isn't a 'wrong' or 'misleading' post I made. I was asking the OP a question. Why didn't you let him answer?

Care to enlighten me.

Ms tick
    Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleandtwirl View Post
    station2station is probably referring to the muscle relaxant soma (carisoprodol). If this is the correct drug, the known side effects are light headedness, fainting, etc. You can refer to the label for more info. Also, soma information can be found on the web (just google it) or more importantly, talk to your doctor about this issue. For the addiction question, it can be habit forming so make sure you monitor your intake of it and it should also be well-documented by your doctor. Hope this helps.
    Hi tumble, I did Google it, found nothing related to 'soma' but just noticed a footnote on page l of the Google page that referred to carisoprodol. Thanks for the info.

Tick
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 04:59 PM

This Google search is what I would normally use:

physician prescribing information soma - Google Search

e.g. physician prescribing information soma

It gets rid of all the crap up front.

Besides, mom has been on it for years.

Drugs.com | Prescription Drugs - Information, Interactions & Side Effects is also a good site.

I get a Soma reference when I just use Soma in a Google search about the 6th item down.
    Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 05:58 PM

That's interesting, keep, cause in my Google search 'soma' the sixth one down is women's intimate apparel. So how come it is different for you?? This isn't an issue with me, I am just a digger for information and this doesn't make sense to me.

Tick
    pices38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 01:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by station2station View Post
    hi. I was involved in a car accident late last year and it left me with a bad spasm due to the operation they did on my back. I am now on soma to help me with the pain for like 3 months. I'm wondering if there's any addiction that can be caused by soma? Or are there any negative long term effects from it?
    Do not take soma, highly addictive and could ruin your life if you get addicted.
    pices38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 01:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by station2station View Post
    Hi. I was involved in a car accident late last year and it left me with a bad spasm due to the operation they did on my back. I am now on soma to help me with the pain for like 3 months. I'm wondering if there's any addiction that can be caused by soma? Or are there any negative long term effects from it?

DO NOT TAKE SOMA. They are highly addictive and can ruin your life if you get addicted. You will lose everything. I just lost my fiancé to them not to death. They alter everything in your life and make you depressed.
    vicktoria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 02:47 AM
    I had no problem finding it. I have heard a lot about this drug lots of teens are using it... here is some HELPFUL information.

http://www.drugs.com/soma.html

Tells you most of what you need to know.
    palmtreessurf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2013, 03:52 PM
    There are tons of sites when you Google soma... I don't know what the trouble is with finding it... but you always can type in carisoprodol. And, yes, it can be addicting. If you've been taking it for a long period.. a few months ( it's meant for just a few weeks) you may nned to taper off. You can get a number of side effects including seizures...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can acne have long-term effects? [ 1 Answers ]

I have REALLY bad acne. It's been clearing away recently, but it seems to be coming back at full force now.

Long term marriage.long term problems [ 6 Answers ]

Well Where do I start …I have been with the same woman since high school and now at 41 we are in a very rough marriage with a 4 year old son …we almost got a divorce at the 7 year mark due to her request that she just didn’t love me anymore and some of the hurtful things I had done like some...

Long term effects of donating plasma [ 7 Answers ]

I have been donating plasma since 1991 every two weeks straight, missing one full year in 1995. I have concerns and have been searching the web, but, have not found any clear straight forward answers regarding the "longterm effects on donating plasma" on a continual basis. (long term effects...

View more questions Search