Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily_godzilla Posts: 115, Reputation: 5

Apr 5, 2009, 03:09 PM
    Does ovulation spotting last six days?
    I have had a 35 day cycle the last two periods. This month on the 18 day of my cycle I started to spot only when I wiped. I think it just happened once it was red blood mixed with cervical mucus. The next day I spotted again this time brown. The day after that nothing then the day after that more spotting pink and brown but only when I wiped. This spotting comes and goes but has lasted now for six days. Also yesterday after I urinated there were five small blood clots about the size of a pencil eraser. My period is still 11 days away unless I ovulated earlier then I thought and my cycle is shorter this month. Does this sound like implantation bleeding? Or does it just sound like ovulation spotting? We have been trying to have a baby for a while now but I think it's still too early for a pregnancy test. Any advice would really help- thanks:confused:
    nycgirl67 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 07:45 PM
    Sounds like implantaiton bleeding. I worked for a GYN for 4 years. However, that usually lasts a couple of days. If the flow doesn't become heavier, I'd consider getting a HPT.

Apr 6, 2009, 06:58 AM

The spotting stopped sometime yesterday. I still have cramping but I know I have got a fibroid and an ovarian cyst. I had an ultrasound done last week to find out why I have been cramping since my last period but I won't have the results until weds. My last period was very light and light pink but it had a lot of small blood clots. I don't know if I am pregnant or what? I took hpts last month and they were negative.

Apr 6, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Also my breasts seem sore today and I feel sick to my stomach. But my period is ten days away. Could this just be pms? I am currently taking an antiboitic for a ear throat infection that has side effects of possible naseua. But I have taken before and did not feel sick so I don't know.

Apr 6, 2009, 10:10 AM

If this is implanation bleeding but my periods not due for ten days when can I test?
    nycgirl67 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 10:17 AM
    You can test in 5 days, or go to your doctor for an hcg blood test, may be able to detect sooner. However, implantation spotting usually starts within a few days of your period.

Apr 6, 2009, 01:03 PM

So since I am spotting so far ahead of my period should I guess that this is just ovulation spotting?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

7 days late 5 days light spotting [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 27, my last period was July 26th. I am always regular to the tee, first thing in the morning on the day of my period is always the heaviest then gradually gets lighter. This time I've been waking up for 4 days with very light pink spotting for about 1 hour then it quits. This morning I thought...

Spotting 9 days post ovulation. [ 2 Answers ]

I know everyone probably asks this but can spotting - very light lasting 2 days and light brown/orange in colour be implantation or is it likley my period will arrive. We definitely has intercourse around ovulation and I spotted 9 days later for a day or two and since then nothing. My periods...

Trying to fall pregnant:could spotting be an indication of ovulation? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Hope someone can answer my question or at least give me some good advice! I went off contraception about 5 months ago and thought my periods were pretty regular (with 28-30 days between them). Then last month about 14 days after I started my period, I started spotting. It wasn't anything like...

View more questions Search