Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bosco2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Bump on penis skin, white seed-like stuff
    Yea.. I think I have the problem too.. little bump on the skin at the mid shaft(most of them at my circumcised area) ,I got several of them.. and some of the white stuff are soft(cream-type) and some are a little hard(something like seed) will be squeezed out if put on pressure, no any pain because it's at the skin layer I suppose. And the bump is like having the white stuff in the middle with two tiny hole open-ended at both end of the bump. After forcing it out.. the bump becomes soft like without the seed inside, but the extra outer skin is still there.. creating a hollow. It's like extra layer of skin... it's annoying. And don't intend to scare anyone during sex.. because of the white stuff and hollow. Is there any cure? Is it because sometimes after sex or masturbation I didn't clean/ wash off the semen(residual) cleanly?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 10, 2006, 12:23 PM
    While you do need to clean properly, this sounds like something called a sebaceous cyst. It is just a little oil trapped under the skin and comes out in the pores if you squeeze.

It should be nothing serious, almost like a whitehead pimple. If it bothers you it may serve you well to pay a visit to your doctor.
    bosco2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 06:55 AM
    Thank for replying me. I have checked the Net picture for "Median raphe cyst of the penis" , it came out not quite same as it is all closed up under the skin, but mine still have a tiny little 'opening' at the both end of the 'thing' and the white stuff inside something like a tiny white seed.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 11, 2006, 01:06 PM
    LIke I said, it sounds like a sebaceous cyst. These are harmless. Just an oil buildup under the skin that comes out of the pores of the skin.

You may want to pay a visit to your doctor to be sure.
    cassidyloew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Bosco2 did you ever figure out what it was? I have the same thing, but it doesn't seem like a cyst it's not round or anything, it's more long and there are two tiny holes at each end of the skin where it will come out from either side if squeezed. Mine is usually hard never a liquid or anything. It is also right where I was circumcised and it comes back once a year.
    Ryedom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cassidyloew
    Bosco2 did you ever figure out what it was? I have the same thing, but it doesn't seem like a cyst it's not round or anything, it's more long and there are two tiny holes at each end of the skin where it will come out from either side if squeezed. Mine is usually hard never a liquid or anything. It is also right where I was circumcised and it comes back once a year.
    This sounds nearly identical to my problem. I will try to explain it as well as I am able:

On the shaft of my penis, there are 2 tiny holes a few millimeters apart from one another. After a certain amount of time, a tiny black dot will develop at the one end of this round "tunnel" between these two holes. This dot is easily removed with a fingernail. If I then proceed to squeeze the skin area between these two dots, a small amount of white, pus-like substance will come out.

For me, this is completely painless and does not seem to be causing any problems, but it worries me nonetheless.
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jul 28, 2008, 06:15 AM
    I had this same problem. The doctor just cut the "hole" open from one side to the other. It took about a week or so for it to heal but now the "hole" is gone. Never has come back. I know what you mean. It almost looks like a piercing where the needle went in one end and came out the other.
    ccphyllis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 10:06 AM
    I have been worried about my grandson's health. He is a very active 27 year old carpenter. He seems to becoming ill. He has lost about 20 lbs. He is extremely tired all the time. He says his arms and legs hurt a lot and sometimes feels numb or tingley. His girlfriend said he has no sex drive and recently he showed her a lump behind his testicale. He doen't have insurance, so he doesn't want to go to a doctor, therefore I'm going to make a trip to where he lives to pay for a physical for him. Could this be a sign of prostate cancer, or testicale cancer?
    jgsgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 03:50 PM
    My boyfriend just noticed a lima bean size, oddly shaped lump at the base, in the middle-underneath of his penis, and I think it's a condition called 'thrombois'`(often caused by vigorous sex resulting in bruising or irritation to the shaft of the penis, particularlly where a veign runs) If you know anything about this, please.. let me know.

Thanks
    omnibus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 02:49 PM
    I have the same problem about that seed coming out from penis which then made me googling around to find the answer. I'd like to share my findings from this site My sons penis has white seed things...WTF is it? - Yahoo! Answers

And there's a person nicknamed Holymacaroni who explains that it's called smegma and there's nothing to worry about and adults are supposed to remove them otherwise it might build up bacteria. For more information, you can go to wikipedia.com and see what it says about "Smegma".

Hope it helps guys.
    omnibus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Another useful link Weird, sesame seed like things in skin of tight, uncircumsized penis? - Yahoo! Answers

It is in fact called smegma, the material is dead skin cells mixed with sweat, semen, and urine.
    raster12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 02:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryedom View Post
    This sounds nearly identical to my problem. I will try to explain it as well as I am able:

On the shaft of my penis, there are 2 tiny holes a few millimeters apart from one another. After a certain amount of time, a tiny black dot will develop at the one end of this round "tunnel" between these two holes. This dot is easily removed with a fingernail. If I then proceed to squeeze the skin area between these two dots, a small amount of white, pus-like substance will come out.

For me, this is completely painless and does not seem to be causing any problems, but it worries me nonetheless.
    I have the same problem. Has anyone gone into the doctor to have it removed?
    wannabbeautiful Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2009, 10:20 PM

Yes, my friend got it and gone to the doctor. The doctor give him some tablets and cream. And told him to clean with warm water and soft & clean cloth every time he goes to toilet. Hope that helps. Now my friend doesn't get it anymore. :)
    bumpanswer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 05:59 PM

My penis has a lump on it, what is it? - Wellsphere

There are several reasons your penis could have a lump or lumps on it. In some cases there will be nothing to worry about, however, it could be the sign of a condition that will require treatment such as genital warts.

The most common types of genital lumps are explained below.

Pearly penile papules

Pearly penile papules are small lumps around 1-2 mm across that are found around the side of the head of the penis. You can normally see them when you pull your foreskin back and they look like tiny pimples. They are in fact, tiny glands and are perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Lymphocele

A lymphocele is a hard swelling that suddenly appears on the shaft of the penis after sex or masturbation. It occurs because the lymphatic channels (which make up part of the lymphatic system along with lymph nodes or glands) in your penis have been temporarily blocked. The swelling should soon subside and will not cause any permanent problems.

Lichen nitidus

Lichen nitidus is a harmless skin condition that causes small, shiny flesh-colored lumps to appear on your penis. They can also appear on your arms, legs and trunk. The lumps often appear in groups and may look like small warts.

The condition does not require treatment as the lumps will disappear by themselves. If you decide you want treatment for cosmetic reasons, steroid cream may help remove them.

Molluscum

Molluscum are small pinkish-white lumps about 1-5mm across. They can be found on the penis, as well as the lower abdomen near the pubic hair and the inner thigh. They are the result of a viral skin infection that is spread through skin-to-skin contact, so the infection can often be passed on during sex.

It is important not to scratch the lumps because they could become infected and cause scarring.

The condition is not serious and usually clears up in 12-18 months without treatment. If treatment is required, a doctor or nurse can help remove the lumps by piercing them with a sterile needle and removing their contents.

The mollusca can be frozen off (cryotherapy) or burnt off (diathermy). Diathermy treatment requires a local anesthetic first.

Other treatments include pricking the mollusca with a strong chemical that causes the contents to burst out, (this can be painful and may leave scars); and scraping off the mollusca (cutterage).

Sores (ulcers)

Painful sores, spots or ulcers on your genitals are typically a result of a herpes infection. More rarely, it could be a result of skin cancer. In either case you should visit your doctor or STD clinic as soon as possible.

Genital herpes can be treated with antiviral medication

Genital warts

Genital warts that appear on the shaft of your penis will look like the warts you would find on the hands. Warts that appear under your foreskin or near your urethra will look pinkish-white.

Genital warts are caused by the HPV virus which can be spread during sexual intercourse.

You should visit your doctor or STD clinic for treatment. Do not use the wart lotions that are available at pharmacists as these are not suitable for genital warts and could harm your penis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on penis [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I was looking around before and noticed that on the shaft of my penis there was one single bump, it was a little bit red at first, but then I squeezed it a little and some white stuff started coming out of it, when I finished squeezing it out, the red-ness was gone and the bump is going...

Penis bump [ 7 Answers ]

All right so like many other of zillions of forums on the internet. I am going to ask for some help like all the others did... So I woke up 2 days ago and was in the bathroom before I was going to shower and I noticed a large bump on the right side of my penis shaft... Iam a 17 year old male -...

Bump/Pimple on Penis [ 19 Answers ]

Hi. I am 13-years-old, and discovered yesterday that I have a pimple-like bump near the bottom of my penis. I can't really say if it is on the back or the front, because I really don't know which is which. It's not on the side facing myself, but the other side facing away. Anyway, when I found it...

Bump on penis [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I noticed a small bump on my penis shaft that sometimes appears after an erection or masturbation. It doesn't hurt or itch and tends to just last no more than an hour and goes away. I thought it was a cyst but since it goes away I am ruling that out. Maybe an allergic reaction? Or...

View more questions Search