Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chinkkl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Browser does not open full screen
    At one point in time, I clicked on a desktop icon to open a certain website

With the arrows on both sides... I pulled in the page, to be narrower... so that I could open another page... doing the same thing... in order to compare two photos side by side

Now every time I open my browser... or a web site from an icon on my desktop... the window opens narrow... maybe about one third the width of my screen

Vertically the window opens fully... but horizontally, the borders are pulled in and narrows the window's width

I can't seem to correct this

Many thanks

Chuck
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 27, 2009, 03:17 PM
    Internet Explorer tends to be stupid that way. Whether using IE or another browser, try opening a single browser window, resize or maximize the window the way you want, and then close it. Reopen the browser, hopefully the last window state was remembered.
    chinkkl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scleros View Post
    Internet Explorer tends to be stupid that way. Whether using IE or another browser, try opening a single browser window, resize or maximize the window the way you want, and then close it. Reopen the browser, hopefully the last window state was remembered.
    Thanks... but it does not work... my internet explorer icon , opens fully... but any other icon for a website... does not open fully

Thanks, anyway !

Chuck
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 06:42 PM

Right click on your desktop icon of IE and then go to properties and use the dropdown box next to Run: and choose to open 'Maximized'

Also when your IE window is open maximized, Hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys at same time and use mouse to go to file and then choose Exit with both keys pressed

Hopefully these 2 will help with opening full all the time
    Crisonya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 02:22 PM
    I've tried all of the suggestions to this question. It still doesn't work. I know about F11 and full screen but I want it to be opened when I open IE. It used to and I don't know what I did that makes it be tall and narrow (vertically). I have tried stretching at corners, making full page, doing the shift/ctrl bar, everything. I've even restarted my computer so it would go back perhaps to its original state. It sort of bugs me. :mad:
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 02:39 PM

Not sure if this will help but worth a try

Restore the Default Settings for Internet Explorer
    HP Photosmart Printers -  Web Page Prints Out as Computer Code (HTML) in Internet Explorer 7.0 

Follow Step 1
    Crisonya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 05:33 PM

Well, this is what I did! I deleted the short cut to IE on my desktop and created a new one and low and behold the IE opened to a full screen. I should have gone to school to be a IT person.
    JeannieG123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2013, 02:10 PM
    OMG thank you so much! I hant asked the question but have been trying to figure this out for months! :)

Thanks again!
    Jean
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

May 17, 2013, 06:40 AM
    Also if you right click on your IE shortcut and go to properties, and then go to the shortcut tab there is an option near the middle called Run:. Choose maximized in the drop down list and hit apply. Should open maximized all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE7 on XP: desktop shortcuts 2 links open wrong browser [ 7 Answers ]

I use Outlook 2002 for all my email and IE7 for all my internet browsing. I have a few websites that I want to access immediately (w/o having to open browser and select from list). I have tried every way possible to move a favorite to my desktop as a shortcut, but when I select it, it asks "SBC...

How do I fix distortion in full screen 16/9 mode? [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a 32" Olevia LCD HDTV and can't seem to get the horizontal picture adjusted. In 4/3 aspect mode the picture looks perfect, but in the full screen 16/9 mode the picture seems to be stretched horizontally and people look fatter than they really are. The panarama mode is even worse...

Need my Websites to appear in a Full Screen [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed recently when I bring up new web pages initially, they come up minimized and only take up a small portion of my entire screen. I understand of course that I can maximize them for complete viewing, BUT What do I need to do to ensure that the websites come up in the beginning FULLY...

Multiple screens open in browser [ 1 Answers ]

Why do multiple windows screens open when I open my Mozilla Browser? Several screens are blank.

Open Multiple Windows as full Screen [ 2 Answers ]

Somehow my screen adjustments have been altered in my XP. I open up say a Word doc, then when I go to the internet & click on the screen it isn't the full size. I have to keep adjusting each time, by stretching out the corners. Then when I go to the next program that I want to I have to keep...

View more questions Search