Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gill_110 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2004, 05:56 AM
    Dyson Dc07
    I have a Dyson DC07. It won't pick anything up although the motor is working okay. I have cleared all the obvious areas and have washed the filter. Although after clearing these areas, it will pick up with very weak suction for a few minutes using the attachment, it then stops and I end up pushing the dirt around the floor. Also, it will not pick anything up using the main hoover. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2004, 06:23 AM
    I would check it over for leaks. If air is leaking in somewhere, you will not have any suction.
    gurnzee Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2004, 10:51 PM
    Does the vac need a new belt? I am sorry that Mr. Dyson is pushing these vacs. They are actually very poor. I happen to work with vacuums and we have had several already in for repairs. He is a great salesman. The vac is actually the old Phantom. He bought the vac rights and changed the color and a few other things and markets them like crazy! You have to be sure the filter is dry or else you will retain odors and who knows what else.good luck.
    harleyds Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2005, 06:51 AM
    I love my Dyson
    I have to disagree. I also own the Dyson DC07, the purple animal version. I love this thing. I was very skeptical when my wife first bought it, since it costed about $400. We vacumned the living room where my fuzzy German Shepard hangs out with our old vacumn. Then we came back with the Dyson and it picked up a TON of fur and dirt that the old one missed. The old vacumn was only about 4 years old.

Its quieter and manuvers better. It also has so many compartments to make it easy to take apart and clean. People have complained it is cheap and plastic, but what do you think all the other vacumns are made of? Stainless Steel? Mr. Dyson used the same hard plastic that is used for Motorcycle helmets. At least that is what the video ad shows at Bed Bath & Beyond.

Trade your defective one in for a different one. Seems you got a lemon. If you can't, take all the pieces apart and clean them in the sink. Once they are all dry, put them on one by one with the motor on until you can figure out where your leak is coming from.

Good Luck!
    noxqss808 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2005, 10:39 PM
    HELP with Dyson DC07...
    My Dyson DC07 is clogged! I took it apart as much as possible. I've taken out the 3 screws on the top of it, pulled it apart, then 3 screws inside the "cyclone" looking yellow part and here it won't pull apart. I see no other screws so now I'm lost. Any suggestions about how to take it apart besides taking it in to the shop? :P
    emma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2005, 02:05 AM
    Dc07 cLOG
    I have never removed screws etc. but mine I let it fill up too much, had to take the clear basket off, used toothbrush to clear vent holes laid it across the floor on its side and slighty smacked it to get dust out.

I am having my own problem with a dyson07 also, will post message.
    emma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2005, 02:12 AM
    Dyson 07 brush roller
    I went to clean the roller, when I turned it over, I slighty tugged at the left side where its not connected to anything, it came out, I tried for hours to get it back in, It must be the alignment of the roller being the side that's out has nothing to attach it to, it looks like you just push it in. The Alignment has to be it.

I called Dyson, was on hold for 10 min then got disconnected.

I went to their website to ask about the problem and they say that they will not reply for 48 hours... well its been 5 days now.

I really hate to have this serviced, any help appreciated.

emma
    jmy929 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2005, 06:34 PM
    What to check!
    Gill 110, you probably don't have good suction because one of the following reasons... either your rear lower trap for attachments is not connected properly or blocked, your clear bin is not connected properly, your quick release bin assmebly is not connected properly, your hose is not connected properly or is blocked, your side pre-motor filter is not inserted or is not connected properly, or the clear hose on the lower bottom of the machine is not connected properly or pierced.
    To fix any of these problems make sure all are properly connected and fit well onto the machine, or clean any blocks. Any of these reasons will cause a weak seal and loss of suction. If the motor is working it is most likely one of these problems. If the lower hose is pierced, you can either reconnect the hose over the piercing or order a new lower hose from Dyson.

Mar 5, 2005, 06:36 PM
    Dyson's Don't Break!!
    Ok all, this is how it works... A Dyson vacuum is so efficient and made so well, you only think you are having a problem with it. Actually if you have not done something you should not have (i.e. picked up water) whatever is not working properly is easily fixed, by yourself. How do I know, because I sell them in a retail store (which I will not say), have direct contact with a Dyson rep, and know everything I possibly can about them, oh and I own one too.
    Also, ANYONE who says Dyson's are not worth the money or do not work good, is an idiot or owns a vacuum fix-it shop. Why? Because people who fix vacuums would be out of a job and business if everyone switched to a Dyson. That's the truth!

Mar 5, 2005, 06:44 PM
    Never take Dyson to a shop!
    You should never take a Dyson to a shop, if you need service, send it back to Dyson. Only a Dyson technician should service a Dyson to guarantee the vacuum is serviced accurately. Also don't take any of those screws out, aywhere! Although it looks simple, it's an extremely complex design. Yes it looks dirty up inside, but you don't have to clean that for any reason. It will not affect performance, and any bacteria or dust mites will be killed from the cyclonic air speed inside those cylinders. Taking apart those screws may result in improper tension and an inaccurate seal.
    Your block is probably the same as Gill 110's. Most likely it is an imporper seal on your rear lower trap, your attachment hose, your side trap, your pre-motor filter assembly, your easy empty dust bin assemply, your clear plastic dust bin, or your rear lower hose on the bottom of the machine. All of these are fixed by checking and making sure each piece is fit into the sopt correctly and snug. Try these and see if this helps.
    If you can see a blockage somewhere inside the center of the dust bin assembly (where the holes and fins are with the rubber seal to the clear dust bin) then here is a little trick to clean that out... First GENTLY pull on each of the four fins, one at a time until you hear each one click (DO NOT SNAP THEM OFF). This is easiet done by pulling on each one twice, 1, 2, 3, 4, then 1, 2, 3, 4. By the time you get to the fourth the second time, the whole fin assembly should pull off with the rubber seal. With this off, twist the plastic piece with the holes and this will turn off. Now you can get all you will ever need to clean out inside of the main dust department!

Mar 5, 2005, 06:56 PM
    Emma, the beater bar assembly on the bottom of the machine does just sit in place. It is easliy removed to be cleaned and realign the belt. The beater bar has two plastic aligners (one on each side) make sure the aligners are on the beater bar and then it should just slide right back into place on the machine. Do make sure when you put the plastic guard back onto the machine, it sits properly or else you will not have proper suction across the entore beater bar and will result in poor performance. Always be careful not to damage your belt. The belts are sealed which keeps them clean and makes them last virtually forever.
    colinwalton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2005, 12:08 PM
    Beater not turning
    The beater on my DC07 will no longer revolve although the belt isn't broken. It will turn very freely by hand but the motor does not drive it. Is this a simple repair? Any thoughts please>

Colin

Apr 12, 2005, 08:42 PM
    DC07 Beater Bar
    Did you try... with the machine off, manually reset the clutch from carpet to bare floor, make sure you can feel it disengage, then reset it back to carpet and make sure it engages fully. Start the machine, lower into cleaning position and see if that works.
    colinwalton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2005, 12:21 PM
    Yes, I had fiddled with the clutch lever and it then worked. Thanks for the advice.
    R_O_B_S Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2005, 01:32 PM
    If you have taken the top off your dc07 cyclone, and you have found it os total clogged with dust/ rubbish, then you either need to empty it right out, beware that sometimes opening the top of the cyclone by undoing the screws can mean that you bugger the release catch to empty the main bin! #

Either empty it and screw it back and find out if it works, if the dyson is still under wannatry , you should have not done this as it could coid you want ganuartee. If its out of ganuatree , either empty it, put it back together and if it works great if not you will need a new cylclone top.
    jotter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2005, 02:38 PM
    Slightly different dc07 problem
    Can any of the experts here let me know what to do about my DC07.

It's a refurb but is now out of warrantee and is starting to give off a burning rubber smell after several minutes of vacuuming. Waiting a short time and restarting seems to make the smell go away for a while.

Seems suspiciously like the motor is gone/going? Is there anything I can try to check? Anything else which could be the culprit? I'm not 100% convinved that the vacuum ever sucked as much as it should...

If it is the motor, can I fix it? Where could I try and get a replacement from?

Thanks
    Jonathan
    Bristol_matt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2005, 10:51 AM
    Sorry this post is a bit late in the day now but I have also had a problem with the DC07 and it getting blocked - R O B S is right on how to fix it though.
    The problem is that the cyclone unit has holes in the base at the center of the cones with a bar that crosses them. Because hair and other long objects can be sucked down onto them, if they straddle this bar, they get stuck. Too many and it blocks the holes. My dyson had all 8 blocked so it would suck up nout and the valve on the pre motor filter housing would come into play.
    How I unblocked these holes is to take the top off the cyclone unit, un-doing the three screws (star screwdriver). Before this though, empty the bin and have a look at the catch system in the bottom as when you take the top off the cyclone unit, the rod that passes down the inside comes out of its guide - you'll need to feed this back when you put it all back together, so have a look at how it works.
    Next have a look down the tiny holes at the top of the cones and see if you can see the blocked holes. You will then know what ones are blocked. It helps to have a bright torch here, in fact you will need one!
    Get a metal coat hanger or another long and thin object with a hook on the end and try and fish/prod the blockage out. When I cleaned mine, I also took it out to the garden and used a hose with a small jet to try and wash the blockage away both down the cone and also reverse flushing through the air outlet (rectangular hole in side) as well as using the 'fishing/proding technique. The water also helps you establish whether you have cleared each cone. Hopefully you should see the blockage wash out.
    Once all the cones are clear, dry the thing out - a day in the sun should do it - and re-assemble, threading the rod of the bin release through its guides and then have a go and see if you can rip the carpet off the floor with the thing,

Hope this helps

Matt :)
    debbiefrankiebaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2005, 04:02 PM
    Bad noise
    Helloo can anyone can help? I was using the hose when the main part of the vacuum started making a really loud rattling/vibrating noise, I put the hose away and pushed the brushed down to the carpet and the noise remained I don't know if it is picking up but the brushes are moving, the noise is unbearable any ideas what it is and how to fix it?
    debbiefrankiebaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2005, 04:49 PM
    Bad noise
    Doesn't matter I found out what it was, the brush bar seems to be slightly bent and has been rubbing against the yellow housing part (at the hole where the belt is) and has melted part of it off, the part which holds the brushes in place, the noise was the bar vibrating against the yellow part because they are now loose, just thought I'd let you know in case someone else has similar problem, unfortunately can't fix it need to replace both parts, is this common? Anyone else had this problem?
    aprilcartergrant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2005, 08:38 PM
    Help... wand attachment not working
    I wonder if anyone has suggestions for this:

My husband and I just bought a Dyson DC07. However, it was a floor model (the last one available at the second Bed Bath and Beyond we went to), so I don't know if this was a problem caused by someone assembling it at the store or if we're doing something wrong.

The vacuum works while upright (and picks up tons of stuff), but the wand does not work. I noticed that the springy tube/hose is not connected to anything at the bottom. It's locked into place, but there's just an opening at the bottom...

Is this supposed to have another hose or other piece?? We have looked all over the manual and Dyson's website even for technical drawings or images that will show us how a complete one should look.

I'd like to know if we're just doing something wrong or are missing a piece, so any discussion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    April

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dyson hoover nightmare [ 2 Answers ]

Any ideas why my Dyson (upright) is not sucking up through the hose on the handle?:confused:

Dyson vacuum cleaner fault [ 5 Answers ]

Our Dyson DC01 vacuum cleaner has lost its suction. It goes, but will not pick up anything. Any suggestions please (no, not those types of suggestion!)??

Dyson DC07 cuts out after a couple of minuites use [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, I'm hoping you can help me. My Dyson DC07 works very well, but after just a couple of minutes use it cuts out. I'm guessing it has something to do with the thermal cut-out, but what can I do about it? I've had it apart and can't find any blockages. Best regards, Rob

Dyson 04, not picking up properly. [ 1 Answers ]

My Dyson 04 is not picking up properly, unless I push the front down with my foot. As soon as I alter the angle of the handle it stops picking up again until I press down on the front again. The suction is great, the cyclone is turning, I have removed the baseplate and reassembled it. Grateful for...

View more questions Search