Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bentdvd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 04:08 PM
    Septic system-ground saturation & diverter valve
    My house and septic system are 7 years old. I have had water standing at the lower half of the last leach line for some time. First only after a heavy rain, now all the time. This line is the last of five lines at the end of the leach field. Can I install a diverter valve to give this line a rest or is there another fix short of a new field. This line is also in the lowest part of the leach field. Any help would be appreciated
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 06:37 PM

I would leave it alone and check back once a year. If you were able to close this line off you will find one of the other 4 lines is now the low line. It is also ill advised to attempt to get a system designed with 5 lines to work with 4. I am assuming your home passed a perc test befire the lines were installed, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub diverter valve for different use! [ 7 Answers ]

I've installed a single lever shower mixer with lever type tub diverter mounted just under The mixer arm on the faceplate. I decided to run a second shower head off the tub diverter Out port. The idea seems sound yet I am not getting a good response from the installation. When I turn the...

Diverter valve [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, new here. I have three valves in my bathroom shower, hot cold and diverter for shower head. I recently replaced all three, they are phiser. Following replacement all worked fine the diverter valve became hard to turn and is not very difficult to open and close. It feels like I'm going to...

Septic pump check valve [ 1 Answers ]

My septic (effluent) pump runs about 5 times a day. This started about a week ago. I think it is my back-up valve. How do I remove and check valve? After I am finished how do I ensure that my pump is primed and working?

Diverter valve leak - 3 valve diverter valve? [ 1 Answers ]

My shower has three knobs and the one in the middle diverts the water flow from the tub spout to the shower. I think that means I have a 3 valve diverter valve, if not please correct me. When I turn the diverter knob so that the water comes out of the shower, there is still significant water...

Diverter Valve [ 1 Answers ]

I was washing the dishes and when I went to press to spray nozzle, no water came out. Then when I went to use the faucet, no water came out as well. I think this may have to do with the diverter in the spray nozzle? What are your thoughts? And how do you remove the spray nozzle?

View more questions Search