Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justsillyme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 05:45 PM
    Period Is 10 Days Late, Negative Urine Tests (Home & Doctor)?
    Okay, I'm a healthy 23 year old, and I am SO confused right now.

My last period started February 8th, and I have a very regular 30 day cycle, so I should've started around March 10th. On March 10th, I felt like I was starting my period, so much that I borrowed a tampon from a girl at work because I had forgotten mine.

But, no period. I waited a few days, then started counting and realized I was late. Since I'm never late, I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative. Two days later, I took another, still negative. I repeated this every two days, and got all negatives.

Throughout this time, I have been unusually tired. I normally have to make myself go to bed so that I can get up early for work, but the past two weeks I have been falling asleep on the couch, or almost in the bathtub, etc. For the past few days, I have had a grumbly/achy stomach that made me think my period was right around the corner, but never so much as a spot. I don't know if this is related, but I've also noticed that my face is extremely dry around my eyes, which I've never experienced. It is so bad that I could probably peel some skin off if I wanted (gross, I know)!

So today was my 10th day late. I woke up feeling like I was about to start my period but didn't. Luckily, I was able to get a last minute appointment at a gynocologist office near me, and I told them I wanted to have a pregnancy blood test done as well as a regular yearly exam.

When I got there, the nurse convinced me that the urine test they do is just as accurate as a blood test when done at the correct time, so I went with the urine test. It was negative.

The doctor said that stress was probably to blame, that I probably hadn't even ovulated last month. I admit, I am under stress at work, but I've had much worse before... and my period has never been affected by anything before. Now my questions are, if I never ovulated, why did I "feel" like I was starting a period so many times? Even today after leaving the appointment, I felt like I was bleeding and went to a restroom in Target to check, but nothing again.

At this point, I just want to know for sure! I have new birth control pills to start next week, but what (on the off chance) I am one of the rare women who NEVER get a positive urine test? What if I'm actually pregnant, will taking birth control pills hurt the baby?

This is my first time going through any of this, and my fiancé is new to it as well. I don't want to go to the other women in my family just yet, because then everyone in the world will know my business! Any advice, opinions, etc. would be greatly appreciated!
    BLONDE_MAFIA Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2009, 07:37 PM

Hey well first of all the nurse shouldn't of talked you out of a blood test go and have one, that will tell you straight away. It sounds like your pregnant because I felt like I was getting my period but had a negative test then a week later ahd a positive, So try ageain in a weeks time. Don't take birth control pills until you get your period, And light spootting could be something other than your period. I don't think stress would dstop you ovulating. Go have a blod test. Good luck
    Denise90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 05:18 PM
    I'm going through the same thing! What ended up happening for you? Were you pregnant? I'm starting to get nervous
    Sarahbrides Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2010, 03:15 PM
    Check for Poly cystic Ovary Syndrome. You will get your answers :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18 days late with period.Negative Pregnancy tests! [ 6 Answers ]

I was suppose to start my period on December 16th. I have never had irregular periods or even started late. My cycle is exactly 30 days. I did have unprotected sex several times during the end of November and all throughout December. I haven't had to many common pregnancy symptoms. Although I have...

20 days late and negative tests? [ 32 Answers ]

:confused: hey guys.. well I have posted stuff before a couple months ago about implantation. Turned out to have my period a week later. But now its something different. I haven't had my period since June 14. It is now August 7. I am about 3 weeks late. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests but they...

10 days late, Tests Still negative.What? [ 1 Answers ]

im 19 yrs old..i took my nuva ring out on jan 7th 2008 and got a small period on janurary 10th. i am 10 days late of getting my period on the 10th of feburary i had some spotting for 1 day but no period...but alllllll the many tests ive taken say negative, im not stressed what so ever, andi have no...

Period is 8 days late and negative pregnancy home tests [ 1 Answers ]

Okay umm well I'm like 16 turning 17 years old and like, I'm having this problem.. My period was due around the 20-22 of November and it is now the 28th of November and I'm worried because it's late. Recently round 2-3 weeks ago I had sex with my boyfriend but we didn't use any Protection and I'm...

Period 15 days late but negative tests [ 2 Answers ]

My period is now 15 days late & I've taken 5 pregnancy tests, all are negative but I have symptoms of pregnancy, for eg: exhaustion, nausea, lightheadedness, backache, cramps. Could I be pregnant? In 15 years, I have never missed a period or been more than 2 days late

View more questions Search