Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heritagekids Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 08:06 PM
    1980-90's kids puppet TV show or movie title!
    I can remember this lovely show that I watched as a kid. BUT! I can't remember what it was called. It featured puppet characters in a sort of quilted blanket world. I think even a grandma on a rocking chair may have started reading before you got to this place.

The characters were animals and one episode I remember featured the theme 'too many cooks spoil the broth' and they were literally making a broth and it tasted yucky at the end because everyone added their favourite food.

Please help! It is really bugging me and I'd love to show it to my kids.

Heritage kids
    Purnell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 02:41 AM

I remember a story about a princess that got her little dress dirty, and another in which a boy couldn't carry all of these feathers because he ran too fast. I swear it had something to do with ' the land of nod', because all the kids fell asleep and then their respective adventures occurred. Other than that I can't answer for certain, because I am looking for the answer myself. Sorry I can't be more help.

Mar 14, 2009, 04:21 AM
    I think you are on to something, because as I was thinking over what this grandma might have said the saying... winkin blinkin and nod came to mind. Does this ring any bells?
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 08:57 AM

Sounds like YouTube - The Land of Pleasant Dreams.

Mar 14, 2009, 07:26 PM
    OH WOW!! THIS IS IT! Thank you thank you thank you Quinn F!! Yippeee!!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 10:03 AM

The thanks should go to Gaumpers, he/she solved it about a month ago for a couple of other people looking for the same film. Glad to be the go-between though :)
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/movies...ts-294392.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/movies...0s-294050.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Show I watched in the 90's on PBS kids that I can't think of the title? [ 2 Answers ]

I remember this show that I watched on PBS kids. I remember that the show was about these two kids one was a boy and his older sister( I think). I remember that the girl could tell stories. The toys there could talk when there was anybody present. There was a mermaid that was on the wall. Also...

Title of a 90's kids cartoon show.two in fact [ 8 Answers ]

Ok... so I'm looking for the titles of two kids shows from the 90's. 1) A kids cartoon show that was on CITV I think... all I fully remember is a footballer/soccer player rolling a ball down his arms and back in the intro, maybe stood on top of a tall building... really vague but that's all I...

80's or 90's kids show or movie-Fantasy [ 20 Answers ]

This is driving me crazy because I can't find out if this a real show or a collaboration of show in my mind from when I was a kid. The main characters are a brother and sister or maybe just a girl that have this magic crystal that takes them to another "fantasy land" where they meet up with...

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

Mid-90's puppet show! Helpppp! [ 4 Answers ]

OK so around mid-90's there was a children's show and there were 2 cats, one boy one girl. And the boy wore a red sweater, and had red stripes on his fur. And there was a dog with floppy ears, and then there were 2 other creatures one with a green face and one with a purple face.. they were all...

View more questions Search