Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonysgrlaz Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 09:10 PM
    Where can you get surgery as an uninsured person
    My boyfriend has been diagnosed with a hydrocele over a year ago. He goes to the Doctor and has it drained quite often because it keeps filling up. He does not have any medical insurance and I've been trying to find somewhere that will treat him and his problem. No one will. Hospitals where we live won't let us make payments to have this procedure done. We live midway between Phoenix and Tucson. He tried to get on AHCCCS and they say he makes too much $$. This problem needs to be surgically fixed, he's basically walking around with a woman's breast between his legs. Does anyone know of anywhere we can turn to for help? Is there such a place that will do medical procedures without health insurance? Draining this bad boy every month or two is getting quite costly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 09:34 PM

Has his doctor not suggested a state sponsored hospital, If this is a required operation they will have to do it.
    sunny1ib Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2009, 09:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tonysgrlaz View Post
    My boyfriend has been diagnosed with a hydrocele over a year ago. He goes to the Doctor and has it drained quite often because it keeps filling up. He does not have any medical insurance and I've been trying to find somewhere that will treat him and his problem. No one will. Hospitals where we live won't let us make payments to have this procedure done. We live midway between Phoenix and Tucson. He tried to get on AHCCCS and they say he makes too much $$. This problem needs to be surgically fixed, he's basically walking around with a woman's breast between his legs. Does anyone know of anywhere we can turn to for help? Is there such a place that will do medical procedures without health insurance? Draining this bad boy every month or two is getting quite costly.
    I would definitely suggest you contact your State Insurance Dept and/or find out about the public hospitals in your area. I don't know how far you are from Las Vegas, but there is a doctor in Nevada that helps with medical intervention for the uninsured. The website is No Insurance Surgery, Inc..

I don't know anything about this company, and I would strongly suggest that if you and your boyfriend consider this facility that you ask for references, check with the Medical Licensing Board in Nevada to ensure the integrity of this practice and whatever else.

I am not an attorney and the information in this post should not be construed as legal advice.
    tonysgrlaz Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 09:53 PM
    Thank you... I'll look into it.
    babiflower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2010, 12:00 AM
    My Mother dislocated her ankle, the Doctor's around I live, (Jacksonville, Flordia) said that she will never be able to walk on it without surgery. Now, we have tried to get government assistants and tried to get into different hospital programs but they just keep telling us that she does't quailfy. She doesn't have a job, no one will hire her with a dislocated ankle, and she has no income what so ever and I still can't get anyone to help us out with getting her the surgery she needs. If anyone has any suggestions for me please let me know. As of now we are stuck and have no one or no where to go, so that maybe she can't get her life back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tubular breasts, surgery or no surgery? [ 28 Answers ]

Growing up I always hoped my weird looking breasts just hadn't fully developed but I'm now 21 and they're still the same. I didn't realise there was a medical name for my problem but recently I've been looking into surgery and was told I had tubular breasts. It's not so much the breast that I'm...

Cosmetic Surgery thesis statement on Risks and benefits of Cosmetic Surgery [ 4 Answers ]

I need a thesis statement on Cosmetic Surgery, I will be during my essay on Risks and benefits. What are your thoughts?

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

I was in an accident and I was uninsured [ 10 Answers ]

I was in an accident with another car. No police were called, and we just exchanged information. Once I realized that my insurance had lapsed, I told the other driver and we agreed I'd get new insurance immediately and say the accident happened on a different day. I did that and reported it to...

View more questions Search