Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chirobuilder Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 08:51 PM
    I need a riser diagram for an under slab bathroom
    I am a contractor with a fair amount of knowledge, but have never plumbed a bathroom in a basement. I have a 4" sewer line located in the center of my bathroom layout. The sewer line is at its lowest point in the basement near the house trap. I know I will need a
    3" line for the toilet, a 2" line for the shower and an 1 1/2" line for the sink. I have no problem with the plumbing for the sink, but I am not quite sure where the vent for my shower and my toilet will come from beneath the slab.

Can someone give me a basic diagram showing the plumbing beneath the slab.

Can someone please offer me a little help on this diagram. Any help would be appreciated.

Pete
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 09:03 PM

Post size of the bathroom showing location of door and that 4" pipe...

There are 100 ways of laying it out .Sketch will greatly narrow it...

Feb 27, 2009, 09:08 PM
    I'm new at this and am not sure how to get a diagram into this.
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 09:44 PM
    Here is sketch of toilet and shower drain rough-in. See if it works for you...
    Attached Images

Feb 27, 2009, 09:49 PM
    A diagram of my bathroom layout is attached.
    Attached Images

Plumbing Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 10:00 PM

Ok, that helps... Here is one of few ways to rough it in. The white circles are vents...
    Attached Images

Plumbing Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 10:06 PM

Now since you are on slab, you probably don't want to dig too deep. If that's the case, you can utilize this option...

At the end of 4" pipe you install long sweep 90, run it above ground and install 4" clean out. Then you can reduce to 2" run it to the ceiling and connect with shower and sink vents. Continue above the roof with this 2" vent or connect on floor above with existing vent.
    Attached Images

Feb 27, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Thanks so much Milo. I will break up the floor tomorrow and see exactly how far below the floor the sewer line runs and choose my best option. I think I can see now how to do this. I have to submit drawings to the town. So when I see it I can draw it up. A rather backwards way of doing it, but since it is my own home, it makes things a little easier - in my warped mind!
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 10:42 PM

I don't know where you are located - but in my area, City requires only position of fixtures. And I work under one of the toughest Codes in the country. They leave the rough-in up to attending plumber. There is really no way of telling how you're going to run it unless you establish location and depth and size of your existing under-slab sewer. So, give them general drawing and proceed according to existing plumbing.

I noticed you drew 4" existing sewer to your sketch. You can rough it as this sketch shows...
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riser diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Diallo and I am in need of some help with a plumbing riser diagram. Does anyone know where I can find a sample of these sort of plans or some idea what kind of software can provide the help in drawing a plumbing riser diagram?

New bathroom over slab [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to install a new bathroom over an existing concrete slab? We have an unfinished room we'd like to make into another bathroom. Just outside one of the exterior walls we have a pool pump so we know some pipes are nearby just not exactly what they may be. Thanks!

Leak under carpeted slab by bathroom door - does slab have to be ripped up? [ 2 Answers ]

Could the leak be caused from something else? There is no water on bathroom floor, but could it be the toilet seal? Or a clogged vent backing up water or sewer? Help, we don't have much money and need answers fast.

Help me put bathroom on cement slab [ 6 Answers ]

I have a cement floor and I need (have to ) to put a bathroom on it . I have been told I can build a platform and put pluming under it is it possible . I live in country so have septic tank. Thank anyone for their input it will be much appriciated.:)

View more questions Search