Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenna Jutras Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 09:59 AM
    What is the fastest and easiest way to clean dust buildup from interior log home wall
    What is the fastest and easiest way to clean dust buildup from interior log home walls and beams? Any cleaning product suggestions?
    SassyVixen Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Feb 26, 2009, 10:18 AM
    I would try using a vacuum cleaner (cannister type) with a brush attachment. That's what I use to clean my wooden blinds. A heavy duty shop vac would work excellent also.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 10:27 AM

A leaf blower.

Feb 26, 2009, 10:42 AM
    A leaf blower?? Inside a house? That's silly - it will blow the dust everywhere.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 26, 2009, 01:07 PM

KBC was just kidding but you did ask for the fastest and easiest. A shop vac with extension tubes and a brush nozzel should do it. After 7 years of doing this I finally put some polyurathane on the logs. They still get dusty but clean more easily.

Feb 26, 2009, 06:09 PM
    I know KBC was just kidding and I had a good laugh because I could picture a guy cleaning that way :D - sorry for the stereotype.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interior Home wall painting cost per square foot [ 4 Answers ]

What is the average cost to paint home interior walls by professionals per square foot. 1 coat and 2 coats. One color and two colors.

Frost in the interior wall- brand new home [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, There is approximatelly 6 months that I moved to a new home, this is our first winter. This weekend the temperature were very low and a lot of wind. We notice that in the bedroom wall (facing the wind direction-front of the house) formed frost in the corners, along all baseboard/floor...

How To Avoid Dust When Sanding Wall Board Joints After Spackleing? [ 1 Answers ]

I have repaired some wallboard joints and paint peeled areas with wallboard compound and now want to sand these areas smooth. I would like to know if it is possible to do this dust free after the wallboard compound has dried?

Drwall dust clean-up [ 7 Answers ]

How do you clean up dry wall dust from sanding 4 walls and a ceiling.

What's the easiest way to clean up grout after it dries [ 3 Answers ]

The dust has been setteling for 4 days already and Ive mopped the floor about 47 times and Ive been on my hands and knees with a towel and it still has residue. I bought some stuff called star cleen (sulfamic acid) do you think that will do it?

View more questions Search