Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JIGNESH SHAH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2009, 08:33 AM
    How can I produce breast milk without pregnancy?
    How can I produce breast milk without getting pregnant? Because we have plan to adopt a little 2-3 month baby & I want to feed her with my own breast. Can u Pl.tell me is there any medication is available for that in the market?

Pl.reply me at the earliest.

Thanking you,

JIGNESH SHAH
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2009, 09:05 AM

There are several medications that can help... domperidone and reglan are the most common... ask your doctor for more information on their use. You may also find red raspberry leaf tea, goat's rue, alfalfa, or fenugreek beneficial. Again, check with your doctor or a lactation counselor in your area as some supplements may not be advisable in certain situations.

Frequent stimulation is key... purchase a breastpump and start using that on a regular daily basis as well when you know an adoption will be likely forthcoming.

Once you have the baby in your home, always offer the breast first in a feeding. An excellent idea would be to purchase a supplemental nursing system (SNS). This allows baby to be at the breast while still obtaining nourishment from a tube of formula attached to the breast. Baby latches on and stimulates the breast, gets fed, and associates the breast with feeding.

It takes commitment and supplementing may still be necessary, but many women find they can offer at least some breastmilk to an adopted baby thus offering many of the benefits of breastfeeding to you both.

Good luck... I hope it works out well for you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I still have Breast milk? [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 29 months old and I stopped breast feeding him at 6 months old. I still have breast milk how do I get rid of it. Its embarrassing :(

Breast milk [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three year old child and the breast milk never dried up, I am able to squeeze only one of my nipples and a green substance comes out why is this?

Breast Milk [ 26 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me? I'm 30 and have never been pregnant, I stopped taking my pill in March this year. The first day of my last period was 16 days ago, for the last week I have had incredile soreness and tenderness in my breasts and they have started leaking what seems to be a...

When do woman start to produce milk? [ 6 Answers ]

When do woman start to produce milk? Is it after she gets pregnant or is there any age limit? Reply would be grateful... I believe woman produce milk after baby born? Is it true?

Got Breast Milk? [ 2 Answers ]

This is a little embarrassing. My boobies are feeling heavy and swoll up. Im also leaking fluid from them. There is no way that I am pregnant because I have not been sexually active in 3 years. My children are both also 5 and 6 years old. Is this my body trying to tell me something? Maybe Im...

View more questions Search