Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nantucket Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 11:24 PM
    Toilet water rises
    When I flush my toilet the water rises very high, but does not recede immediately. When it finally does the tank is either empty or left w/little water. If I flush again, the same thing happens, how do I get the toilet to flush normally? I'm not a plumbing queen and truly don't know what to do, but feel it must be something easy I can do.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 11:39 PM

Hello Nantuket,

You have a partial clogged toilet, open the link below will show you how to unclog your toilet, good luck.

John

How to Unclog a Toilet | eHow.com
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 11:48 PM

Hi nantucket
    U have a blockage in the toilet that is stopping the flow of water. Have u tried a plunger?

Flush toilet and before it gets too low use the plunger a couple of times. If this does not work then the blockage is probably caused by a solid object. If u have childern in house it could be one of their toys. A toilet snake may break the object up and free the water.

Good luck
    Chuck
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2009, 11:51 PM

Thanks Creahands for backing up and welcom to the plumbing site.

John
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 06:34 PM
    My pleasure afaroo see u on the flip side

Chuck
    nantucket Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by afaroo View Post
    Hello Nantuket,

You have a partial clogged toilet, open the link below will show you how to unclog your toilet, good luck.

John

How to Unclog a Toilet | eHow.com

Quote Originally Posted by creahands View Post
    hi nantucket
    U have a blockage in the toilet that is stopping the flow of water. Have u tried a plunger?

Flush toilet and before it gets too low use the plunger a couple of times. If this does not work then the blockage is probably caused by a solid object. If u have childern in house it could be one of their toys. A toilet snake may break the object up and free the water.

Good luck
    Chuck
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 08:57 PM

Hello Nantucket,

I am glad that you are clogged free now and it is our pleasure to help, Thanks for rating my ansewr, please don't hesitate to get back to us any time you need help, Good Luck.

John
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 06:56 AM
    Hi nantucket

Glad we could be of help. Thanks forrating our answer. As afaroo said let us know if we can ever help again.

Goood luck
    Chuck:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Water in toilet bowl rises high & drains quickly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, After flushing the water rises high like it is going to overflow then drains out. The water in the tank is at the proper level. This has been happening intermittingly. Thank you for your time. Saundra

Toilet bowl water level rises, almost overflows [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I just bought a house and found out from the neighbors that there has always been a problem with the 1st level toilet. When you flush it, water gushes in EXTREMELY fast -- so fast that the water level in the bowl rises to about 1/2" from the top of the rim. It looks like it is going to overflow...

Promotions without pay rises [ 11 Answers ]

Following a recent re-structure, my title was altered from Business Consultant to Project Manager however I received no letter advising me of the change, no pay rise and no letter advising me who my new manager was to be. I found the information via the online company phone-book. I was...

Toilet rises and bubbles when another toilet is flushed during heavy rain [ 1 Answers ]

Toilet rises, bubbles and partially empties itself when another toilet is flushed. The water drains fine from the flushed toilet. House is ranch stlyle on a slab and connected to a public sewer system. The toilets are not back to back, but about 10 feet apart in two separate rooms We had heavy...

View more questions Search