Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmxreger Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 07:22 PM
    Kitchen sink sprayer
    My sprayer only makes a humming noise when I squeeze the trigger... anyone got anything on this?
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Feb 21, 2009, 07:30 PM

It is probably clogged. Dis-assemble & clean or replace the spray head. The hose typically will not require replacement.
    firefighterlong Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2009, 07:30 PM

It could be plugged at the base of the sprayer with a large partical of sand or rust
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2009, 01:54 AM

I agree with Bones and Firefigherlong

Remove the sprayer head try if you have good flow the head is cloged, clean or replace,if no flow the hose may be clogged remove clean or replace, see the link below it might help, Thanks.

John
    Kohler Plumbing
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 05:55 AM
    Here is a close up pic. Of a typical spray unit... disassemble unit, clean and reassemble.

If that doesn't work then the SPRAY DIVERTER VALVE itself may be clogged (see 2nd pic.). Depending on your faucet it should be easy to get to... usually under the spout, toward the back. Remove and clean... may need to replace entirely.

Let us know how you make out... ;)

MARK
    Attached Images

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 22, 2009, 11:42 AM

You got good advice from Experts above. Just want to add:

If there is a lodged piece of dirt in the tip of aerator than water passing around that dirt makes the whistling / buzzing noise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer sprays but the faucet still runs at the same time. What do I need to do to fix it?

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 1 Answers ]

My sprayer will not stop spraying. When I shut off the water then turn it back on it still comes out the sprayer. Any suggestions on how to get it to stop? I have taken the sprayer all apart but can't get it to stop.

Kitchen sink sprayer leaking from under sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking from underneath my sink. We just replaced the spray head part. Could it be the hose or what else could it be? Thank you!

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 2 Answers ]

I've lost pressure in my kitchen sink sprayer. The faucet is half on and the sprayer is half on. What's up?

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer will spray but only a trickle comes out. I seem to have no pressure. Can you help me fix this.

View more questions Search