Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clueless101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Gas Furnace pilot light is lit but no heat, why?
    I can not figure out why my gas furnace pilot light is on but no heat is kicking on at all. I live in an old house but never had any real problems with it. Please help me figure this out my family and I are in the north and its 50 degrees in our house.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 05:50 PM

The last time that happened in our house, it was the blower motor. Because its forced air, right ?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 05:54 PM
    Check power supply first. If system is heat/cool, try this: Switch thermostat fan selector to the "ON" position. Does blower start/run? If not, check fuses/circuit breakers, also check to assure blower access panel is securely in place. Interlock switch can disengage if it isn't.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 07:14 PM
    If you have just relit the pilot, make sure the gas valve in the furnace is set to on and not pilot. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Pilot will not light [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace pilot won't light. I put on a new thermocoupler and I can't get the pilot to light. I put the button on off for 5 minuted then I put it on on & hold it in & try to light it but it won't light. The gas is turned on too. Please help me Thanks Dawn

Furnace pilot light [ 1 Answers ]

:( I am having a problem with my pilot light going out in very windy conditions. I have a coleman furnace in a mobile home. Any ideas on how I can correct this problem? Dan

How do you light the pilot light of a Carrier furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you light the furnace of a Carrier furnace model #58DLA110-12?

How do I light the pilot on a gas furnace? [ 8 Answers ]

Yesterday I turned on the furnace and it worked. Today I just hear a click when I turn the thermostat, but no ignition. What should I do?:mad: :mad:

Pilot light on propane furnace won't light [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! This is a little long, please bear with me... Two days ago we woke up to a very cold house, and upon investigation found that the pilot light on the furnace had gone out. Searched around, didn't smell much gas - so we tried to re-light it. Well, it lit and stayed lit (and we got the...

View more questions Search