Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattymelt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Baseboard electric heat not working
    Hello, I have electric baseboard heat throughout my house. Lately we've been turning down the heat in rooms that we are not using and then turning them up when we are in the room. Our living room and kitchen heat is not coming on. They have separate thermostats. There is one 20 amp double breaker that goes to both rooms heaters. The breaker was not thrown but my husband turned it off then on and the heat came on for a few minutes but went back off. He said if he applied constant pressure to the breaker he could here it buzzing. He believes its not engaging correctly. Any Ideas?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 02:56 PM
    It could be a bad circuit breaker. Test it with a meter to see if it is supplying 220/240 volts
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Feb 17, 2009, 06:53 AM

Sounds like a bad breaker. If you can't test it swap it with another breaker in the panel and see if the problem moves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Baseboard heaters suddenly not working [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, For the last two years the two Marley electric baseboard heaters have worked flawlessly but yesterday my son complained that it was cold in his room. I checked to find that both heaters were stone cold. I checked the wiring and thermostat, and found that there is 120v at each terminal...

Electric baseboard heat not working [ 1 Answers ]

have 110 volt electric baseboard heat in two upstairs rooms. One heater in each room. The "fins" get so hot you cannot keep your fingers on it. But heat does not seem like it circulates out. Could they be dirty? How do I clean them? What is wrong? Room is only 11 x 11. Will not stay warm in...

Electric baseboard heat [ 2 Answers ]

Getting ready to install electric baseboard heat. Need to do four separate rooms, some single runs up to ten feet, with some rooms having two six foot units by using standard calculations. From material read, I will need double pole 20 amp breakers, and using 12/3 wire What is difference...

Electric Baseboard Heat ?'s [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, I have electric baseboard heat in our home, and each room is controlled separately. And this may sound dumb... do I need to have the heat set at a certain minimum temperature for the winter? (we live in MN) Also, is it more cost efficient for me keep them in each room on at a...

Baseboard electric heat [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any recommendations for brands/style of baseboard heaters? Have looked at hydrosil, they claim to be efficient but are higher priced units. Are the fluid/gel filled units that much more efficient than the cheaper units? Thanks

View more questions Search