Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Feb 15, 2009, 06:51 PM
    some IQ questions
    I took a test to see of what my IQ is from Free IQ Test - IQ Questions. These are some questions I don't understand:

Mary, who is sixteen years old, is four times as old as her brother. How old will Mary be when she is twice as old as her brother?

20, 24, 25, 26, or 28 years old?

If you rearrange the letters "LNGEDNA" you have the name of a(n):

Animals, Country, State, City, or Ocean?

Which one of the numbers does not belong in the following series? 1 - 2 - 5 - 10 - 13 - 26 - 29 - 48

Choices are: 1 5 26 29 48

Ralph likes 25 but not 24; he likes 400 but not 300; he likes 144 but not 145. Which does he like:
    Choices are: 10, 50, 124, 200, 1600

What is the missing number in the sequence shown below? 1 - 8 - 27 - ? - 125 - 216

Choices are: 36, 45, 46, 64, 99

REMEMBER, I DIDN'T PLAGIARIZE OR ANYTHING, THIS PROBLEMS ARE FROM REMEMBER, I DIDN'T PLAGIARIZE OR ANYTHING, THIS PROBLEMS ARE FROM Free IQ Test - IQ Questions
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by survivorboi View Post
    Mary, who is sixteen years old, is four times as old as her brother. How old will Mary be when she is twice as old as her brother?

20, 24, 25, 26, or 28 years old?
    The brother is now 4 years old (since Mary is 16 and is 4 times as old). You could write an equation and solve:
    2*(4+x) = 16+x
    where x is the number of years until Mary is twice as old as her brother. But it may be simpler and quicker to just check the values they gave you until you find one that works. For example, when Mary is 20 (4 years from now) the brother will be 8; when she is 25 the brother will be 13, etc. Find the one that works.

If you rearrange the letters "LNGEDNA" you have the name of a(n):

Animals, Country, State, City, or Ocean?
    England is a ?

Which one of the numbers does not belong in the following series? 1 - 2 - 5 - 10 - 13 - 26 - 29 - 48

Choices are: 1 5 26 29 48
    Each entry is either two times the previous number or 3 greater than the previous, except for one.

Ralph likes 25 but not 24; he likes 400 but not 300; he likes 144 but not 145. Which does he like:
    Choices are: 10, 50, 124, 200, 1600
    Ralph seems to like squares

What is the missing number in the sequence shown below? 1 - 8 - 27 - ? - 125 - 216

Choices are: 36, 45, 46, 64, 99
    The sequence consistes of cubes.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Feb 16, 2009, 01:11 PM
    Thank you! Man, you'd probably get like 136 IQ? :D

Should be proud!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Questions about my cat [ 11 Answers ]

I'm having problems with my 1yr old cat, she's a very stubborn cat, she like getting on my fish tank. Im a cat lover but this cat is the only cat that I've had problems with. She's so set on her ways. I've been patiently trying to train her to be a good housecat. She was born wild but I got her...

H1 tax questions. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to apply for my wife's ITIN. Is there a specific time to apply? Or can I apply right away using W7? Also, to file my return for fy 2007 please let me know what forms I ll need. I am aware that I ll need Form 1040. Is there any other form I need to include with my return? Thanks

2 more questions [ 2 Answers ]

From the information below where does the rent revenue come in at? I am trying to figure out the income summary, but I can't figure it out so I can finish journalizing it. On the basis of the following data taken from the Adjusted Trial Balance columns of the work sheet for the Year...

Three questions... [ 6 Answers ]

I've read through just about every question posted trying to find information on Daschund pregnancies. What I've found is not any help at all! The reason being is that we have only had our dog for just about a month now. We got her through some people who had picked up the abandoned dogs... the...

View more questions Search