Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamelajenkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 04:38 PM
    Remove glacier bay kitchen faucet
    I want to remove a single handle glacier bay kitchen faucet to take with me to Home Depot. Are there directions online regarding installation or removal of the product?
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Feb 11, 2009, 07:14 PM

Google it. Or go to Home Despot and look at a model like it.

Do you want to remove the whole thing down to the supplies or shut-off valves? Or just the handle or spout or what?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 04:36 AM
    Hi all..

Pamela... never a bad idea to Google this or even YouTube it for a video, but this is pretty easy job... ;)

Only special tool needed is a BASIN WRENCH (see picture). This long necked wrench will allow you to reach up and under the sink and loosen the nuts as needed to remove the faucet.

Here, shut off hot and cold water supply, open faucet to confirm water is off, then unscrew (clockwise) the water supply tubes and remove them. Then disconnect the clevis screw (see picture) and then loosen/remove the nuts using the basin wrench at the faucet itself. The faucet should pop out after that.

If you plan on replacing the faucet it will come with a new pop-up assembly (see picture) so you will probably want to remove the old pop-up assembly by unscrewing the strainer assembly from the top or loosening the pop-up nut underneath sink.

When you return bring some pipe dope for threads, some plumber's putty for strainer installation, and maybe purchase some new flexible lavatory supply tubes (last pic.) in case the old ones leak (I always replace these... ;)). You may also need to purchase an 1.25" chrome nut and washer or an 1.5" x 1.25" chrome nut and washer in case the old one loses its seal or cracks. Just FYI

Anyway, see what you can do, review a video or two and see how you make out. Any problems just pop back and let us know...

MARK
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove a Grohe kitchen faucet [ 20 Answers ]

I'm replacing our kitchen sink. It has a Grohe Lady Lux faucet that I'd like to reuse. Can anyone tell me how to get it out of the sink? From what I can see (the sink is out) there's a horse shoe shaped nut on the bottom but turning it will damage the supply lines coming from the faucet. ...

How do I remove a moen single handle kitchen faucet [ 11 Answers ]

I am just trying to remove the mounted faucet in order to replace or fix this one is there some special trick to a removal ? Please help

Glacier Bay Faucet [ 6 Answers ]

We have a Glacier Bay Faucet installed in our kitchen in 2005. The neck swivel is very stiff. Is this normal, or should it swivel easily. Is this intended to be lubricated, and if so, how is this done? Thanks!

Glacier Bay Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two year old Glacier Bay kitchen faucet with pull out spray head. Recently the faucet is very difficult to pivot, so much so that the base plate on the sink twists when you try. I uninstalled, cleaned, lubricated and re-installed the faucet and it is still the same. My trip to Home...

How do I remove a kitchen faucet [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anything special I should know about removing a kitchen faucet? Can I use a putty knife to remove the old caulking and then simply remove it? That is after I've unscrewed the lines.

View more questions Search