Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esoteric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 07:28 AM
    How to darken light blonde hair hair colour
    I had coloured my hair black few months back and then I tried to colour it gloden but its didn't stay well, only the part of my hair on the roots were yellow and the black coloured part was still black so I went to the hair stylish and told her to colour it golden but ittured out to be a disaster because now the portion in front and roots of my hair is light yellow and the rest of my hair is not that golden so how do I reduce the dark golden hair in my root area of the hair to look normal? Suggest me
    Tabitha4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Ok first you need to know that if you used a color from the store that is fine but if you used a color from Sally's with the little asian women on it the you need to do a few hot oil tratments to your hair. Though if you used color from the store like Revlon then you need to go to a beauty store and buy some hair bleach and developer it needs to be about 30 vol. So now that you have the products you need to mix the bleach and the developer together, but be sure you have a color bowl and brush. So if you do not have that you need to get one and some one willing to help. When mixing the products you need to keep in mind how much to used, short hair 1 and half scoops of bleach and 1 scoops of developer, medium hair, 3 scoops and 3 scoops of developer, long hair 4 scoops and 5 scoops of developer . Just remember if you need more in the middle of the process you can always stop and mix more. Most bleaches that you find in beauty supply stores will stop bleaching your hair before or at 45 min. Now Always with bleach do NOT start at the roots, always start one to two inches from the scalp. The roots should be the last place you put the bleach on. When done with applying the bleach always check it every 10 min. Wait till it gets to where you want it a wash it out. When your done washing your hair of all the bleach you are going to NEED to do a deep conditioning treatment on your hair. The two colors that are the hardest to get out of ones hair is red and black. But always remember, if you want to add another color to your hair after going blond you need to have some sort of red in the color of your hair will turn green. I am a incensed cosmetologist so I know what I am telling you is the best thing to to.
    esoteric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Thanks for the reply... I will definitely follow thanks a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Colour Blonde to Red, need to fix back to blonde [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, I am living in China, had my hair dyed red. (I am a natural red head but have been blonde for 10 years). The dye started to wash out, so I went back to the hairdresser and showed them and had it redone. All is fine except the colour is more of a pinky red rather than an auburn/copper...

Hair colour went wrong.going back to dark blonde? [ 7 Answers ]

Well I decided to bleach my lovely dark blonde hair to get blonder hair myself... a disaster! It turned a lot of colours white, yellow and orange. My friend (not a hairdresser!) advised me to dye it dark brown as this would take it back to dark blonde... oh no it didn't! Instead it went lots of...

How do I darken my bleached blonde hair permanently? [ 1 Answers ]

When I got a professional weave with highlighting and lowlighting done, but the darker color washes out right away. Is there anything I can do to make a darker color stick to my bleached hair? Thanks for your help

How to darken light blonde hair [ 1 Answers ]

I was born with light blonde hair and now I am 31 years old and it is still light blonde. I feel like people think I am younger than I really am which sometimes can be frusterating. Although, other times it can be benifical;). Anyway, I am thinking about darkening it. I am not talking about...

How do I darken light blonde hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I got some awfully light blonde highlights yesterday, 2 huge chunks on my sides and my whole back is blonde blonde. It's too much for my skin tone. I just don't look right. I have had dark blonde hair before. I'm wondering if I can just buy a dark blonde hair dye and dye over the really...

View more questions Search