Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AllanYork Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 02:13 PM
    My ex girlfriend has already moved on. How do I?
    Everyone has a story, so here is mine..

I'll try to keep this as short as possible, but to fully embrace the scenario this I must describe the relationship with my first love.

How it all started: Jan 08. One week before my first deployment to Iraq, some friends and I went downtown to drink party before leaving. Well, acroos the dance floor I noticed a cute woman and gained the courage to speak to her. I sparked a conversation, we danced, and completely hit it off. I found out that she was 5 years older and a higher rank than me, (one I am prohibited from having a relationship with.. ) and that we were deploying to the same place in Iraq. At that moment I felt there was something special about her and eagerly awaited my trip to the desert..

Iraq: Among everything going on with being in a war, my plan was to simply get to know her and see where things went. She showed interest right off the bat by sending emails, and arranging secretive meetings to talk and hang out. Not 1 month after we had been there, she told me we can no longer hang out because of "higher up's" beginning to talk. That is totally understandable because she would get in more trouble than I would. Well coincidence or not she idmediately began "hanging out" with an army spec ops dude which developed into a serious relationship. I was slightly hurt because I knew what was going on but couldn't say anything. Towards then end of our tour in May, he had gone to another base, and she had received an article 15 for dating/having sex with him. As punishment she was delayed from returning to the US for one month. During which time I was the ONLY person to keep in contact with her daily through email saying everything would be OK and allow her to vent about the stress she was feeling. I knew my place was nothing more than friend status at the time but that would all change..

The Relationship: She returned from Iraq one month later than me, and contacted me right when she arrived home. (As fate would have it, we happened to be living in the same apartment complex) After a week of hanging out as just friends I made my move and kissed her at the complex pool and she ended up cheating on the spec ops dude with me. That started the beginning of "us"; She broke up with the other dude. Our relationship was like something in the movies I had never been happier, the biggest flaw was prior to our first, I received orders to a new duty station in Germany. I had to report here by the end of November. She began using terms of endearment quickly and even after 2 months was telling me how much she loved me and can't be without me. We really had such a strong chemistry that the thought of leaving was unbearable. We broke up the day I left, and sent me off to start a new life in Germany alone..

The Heartbreak: Getting started in this foreign country was hard enough but try adding the loss of someone you truly loved more than any other woman. It has been miserable, we stopped talking at the beginning of December because constantly reliving the life I had in the states had been consuming me. Christmas day I found out that she has a new boyfriend and it is one of my old co workers. I looked at her myspace for the first time in a month and saw she had posted a bunch of pics with them kissing and on dates. It absolutley devastated me! I think about her often, and am even tormented by vivid and long dreams with her. It has affected me so much that I've seen a counselor twice. I think the reason it is so hard on me is because I am here and haven't had the opportunity to meet even guy friends yet. So of course I'm going to think about past times..

My Questions: Why would she do that to me? Of all the people she would want to hurt why me? She knows that I've been alone trying to establish myself over here. I can't just turn off my feelings for her. She has made it very clear that she's already moved on by deliberatley posting those pics. So why can't I "just" move on? I know it was my first love, and signs were there that it wasn't going to work, but I just can't seem to get over it. Does anyone have any advice?

I left out a lot, but I know it was still long. I just need to get this off my chest. Thank you.
    kellyanne89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Sweetie please don't be sadyou sound likean amazing guy! All u can do is continue to bethe loving person you are and you willfind that feeling again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 11:06 PM
    You have learned a valuable lesson. Life gets in the way of love and changes people feelings all the time no matter what they said last week, or even yesterday. You fell in deeper than she did, so where does that leave you? Learning how to cope with your loss. The solution, mourn, and heal and move on. Thats the reality of life. In time the hurt fades. The first break-up sucks though, and honestly every break up after that, sucks too, but you will handle it better, but it still sucks.
    it238 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2009, 01:49 AM
    All you have to do is just continue living your life as the sweet caring guy that you are. It may be hard to forget about her,but a simple way of doing it is to just forget the past and have fun! Go live your life in Germany as though you were in the U.S. There are many other fish in the sea,like what they always say. So just swim through the big ocean of life,and you'll find that special fish that will make you feel special in every way .(:
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2009, 01:56 AM

This thread was last active in February-hopefully he's moved on. Please check dates before posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

MY Ex Girlfriend is Pregnant, But I'm In love With mY new Girlfriend. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, to whom it may concern my name is sam. I am 21 years old and I just don't get it. I had been with my ex for 2 odd some reasons, and then I broke up with her. I found out that she found someone right away. I felt happy inside for her at that time. Finally I found the love of my live who loves...

Moved out [ 2 Answers ]

I Just Want To Let You Know That My Husband Left From Home Yesterday And I Want To Know How To Prepare To My Two Kids I Have One Girl 12 And My Son 14 Years Old. Thank You

My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend moved back [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriends ex just moved back to Michigan and she keeps calling him and trying to get his kids to want her to come back into his life and I am not really sure what to do about it. He swears up and down I have nothing to worry about but I don't if I should believe that or not... what should I...

View more questions Search