Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lizzy586 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 06:58 AM
    Honda D light on dash blinking while I drive or when in park.
    Hello all

I hope someone can tell me what's going on I have a 2004 honda accord lx with 42,000miles I had a problem with the my trans so I had it rebuild when I went to pick it up as I was driving home the D light on the dash that is suppose to be bold when I am in drive started blinking then I noticed when I put it in park both the P light and the D light were on The park light was blod and the drive light was blinking at the same time the guy who fixed my trans said first its OK you can drive with no problem but I think its not OK so I sent it back he kept it for a week and said the car is not giving any codes so its fine again I sent it back and he said that light has nothing to do with the trans so again I sent it back he kepted it for 2 weeks and called to pick it up again on my way home it starts blinking again so I sent it back and the guy who took $2,200.00 TO REBUILD MY TRANS he said he has no idea what is going on I didn't send the car in with that problem it started after he did work on trans so now what do I do he wants more money to replace the neutral safety switch which I think has nothing to do with that d light blinking and still he says he doesn't know why its blinking can someone please help me here and give me an idea what to do next My honda reference book says if that light is blinking it could be trans problem but this guy says that light has nothing to do with the trans He says he's not getting any codes from the car PLEASE HELP SOMEONE
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 03:42 PM

Take it somewhere else for a second opinion. Get documentation of what the problem is; if it's something he caused, then tell him either he can fix it for free or you'll take him to small claims.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic (91 & 93) Running/Dash Light Problem [ 5 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 91 Honda Civic and gave it to my son. I then purchased a 93 Honda Civic to drive myself and eventually give to my daughter. Problem with BOTH vehicles is when it is cold outside, the running (tail) lights and dash lights won't light up until the car is warm. The colder it...

2003 Honda - Difficulty changing gear from park to drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Honda Accord. Every other time I turn on my car I have difficulty getting the car out of park. It takes several attempts to get the car into gear (Reverse , Drive, etc.) and sometimes I have to turn the wheel in order for it to work. What do you think is the problem?

Honda Accord 2000 - new radio causing dash light probs [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new stereo (the VRCD400SDU) in my 2000 Honda Accord. Everything works fine with the stereo, but now whenever I turn my headlights on, all the dash lights go out - and vice versa: headlights off, dash lights on. Rather than find a harness to hook up the new radio with the...

Hard drive blinking yellow light [ 2 Answers ]

My hard drive is blinking yellow light

View more questions Search