Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConfusedinYuma Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 09:59 AM
    Are CA State Disability Pmts Taxable Income
    I have not received anything from the State of California regarding my state disability payments. Are these funds taxable income?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 2, 2009, 03:00 PM
    If the state disability income is your ONLY source of income,it is probably NOT taxable.
    Phyllis Carson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 06:59 AM
    My only other income source than ca state disability is regular social security Mighty slim pickins Are either taxable
    Now just received 1099c debt cancellation for credit 27000 dollars with lots of debts and no assets Is this a taxable asset
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 08:54 AM
    The disability and Social Security income by themselves are NOT taxable,

However, the discharged debt on that Form 1099-C IS considered taxable income, and it likely will make the SS income and perhaps the disability taxable as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to claim my state disability income on my taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and have been receiving state disability for 8 months. Do I need to report this income on my taxes this year? If so, do I have to pay both state and federal taxes on this money? Thank you:)

IS disability income either from Social Security or Prudential taxable [ 11 Answers ]

Mu social secuirty disability is 2050 a month. I bought (through my former employer) long term diability insurance with after tax dollars (no employer contribution). The total between the two is approx 5400/mo. Is this income taxable and if so to what extent?

Bank Interest income on 1099 INT is taxable at state level [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have received interest on my deposits in bank. I have got 1099 INT for the same from the bank. Federal income has been withheld on some of the amount. Do I need to pay Georgia State taxes on interest earned on the bank deposits? Thanks MKV

SS disability taxable? [ 11 Answers ]

After waiting 3 years, I finally was classified as disabled by the government. I received the retroactive 3 year benefits in one lump sum. Since 9/07, I have received regular monthly disability benefits. Are these benefits taxable? Thanks, I'm confused.

Is $15,000 total income from Social Security disability taxable. [ 1 Answers ]

I get Social Security disability for a total of $14,382.00. I received a total of $13,260.00 the other $1,122.00 went to Medicare part B. My question is this, this is my only income do I have to file with the IRS?. I couldn't make much sense of the info on their site, I would appreciate any help....

View more questions Search