Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deutschra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2009, 06:58 AM
    GFI failure
    I have have sereral GFI's trip repeatedly. I have replace one and it seems to be OK but another one that I repalced last year keeps triping. I cannot find any problems in the house like moisture or leaks. Do GFIs have a significant failure rate or should I assume I have an underlying electrical problem?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2009, 08:24 AM

If you have wires on the load side, that may be the cause. If it works fine with out the load wires, GFI is likely OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyric failure [ 1 Answers ]

I write lyrics to songs and the lyrics they just come to me and they are really meaningful and nice but when I come to record them I just freeze and nothing comes into my mind... any suggestions?

Failure to control [ 8 Answers ]

On the 18th of December I was on my way to class. I went to make a turn slid on some ice and flipped my truck on its side. Didn't cause any damage to property or hit any other cars. The state highway patrol man sited me for Failure to control and I have a court date for 8/Jan/2008. Now...

Kidney failure [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! My dog has been diagnosed with kidney failure. She will not eat and rarely drink or go to the bathroom. She just lays around, coughs, and vomits flem. The doctor says we need to put her down. The doctor had given her some medicine and vitamins. I am wondering if there is ANYTHING...

Failure code [ 1 Answers ]

He2 plus washer, what does the code F01 mean

View more questions Search