Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mainehillbilly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Expansion tanks
    My pipes froze and I have thawed them out but still have no water. My question is can an expansion tank freeze?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 04:54 PM

Well water? If so, then by "expansion tank", do you mean "pressure tank"?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 08:30 PM

Maine, you should know more tomorrow. I had a very small patch of frozen pipe no more than 3-4" between the main home and an addition. I heated the house to 72 degrees and it took 15 hours for that section to thaw. Please close your main tonight before going to bed. You could have a burst pipe that won't leak until the thaw.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

World War I Tanks [ 2 Answers ]

I am reasearching WWI tanks, I was wondering how the tank exactally works, also I was wondering when there was in event during WWI were the Tank was successfully used. What are some advantages and disadvantages of it (when the tank backfired) Thank you

Septic tanks [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I have a stream of water coming from under my house. Its coming from the area where the septic tank is. I have used RID X and other like products but nothing is working! Any suggestions

Well expansion tanks [ 4 Answers ]

How do you flush out a well expansion tank . It is an amtrol

Diaphragm type expansion tanks [ 1 Answers ]

In the case of chilled water systems with primary and secondary pumping systems, the ideal place for installation of the expansion tank, I understand is in the suction header of the primary pump. How far away on the suction header of the primary chilled water pumps should the diaphragm type...

Hot water tanks [ 1 Answers ]

What is a pressurised hot water tank, and how does it operate?

View more questions Search