Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    widewoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Frigidaire Dryer inside drum screws won't line up
    I have a Frigidaire Dryer model #FDE648GHS0 we bought 7 years ago. It is in good condition and runs well. My child got screw happy and unscrewed the ones inside the drum. Something behind dropped down and I can't get it lined up. I also cannot figure how to get inside to fix it and am a little leary of making more difficulties. And yes, I have wet clothes awaiting a drying! Please help me figure out how to get inside.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 03:25 PM
    Remove clothes. To line up the rear bearing support you will need to pop the top on the dryer and take off the front panel. Then you will need to remove the drum from the dryer and line up the bearing support with the holes in the dryer drum then put the screws back in. Upper left pic. Number 32

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drum won't turn, belt good Frigidaire dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Just replaced heating element on frigidaire dryer fde647rfs0. Put dryer back together and drum will not turn. Motor is turning, and drum turns by hand. But when machine is put back together the belt is not turning the drum. Belt is correct according to schematics. Any suggestions.

Frigidaire Crown Series Dryer--Drum removal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire Crown Series clothes dryer (Model F31C546CS0). It is approximately 10 years old. The belt has broken and I need help/suggestions. Should I replace the belt or just replace. The unit is in good shape overall but I am concerned that it may be about time to replace it. I...

Screwing rear bearing "plate" onto drum of Frigidaire dryer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm working on my Frigidaire dryer and was looking for any tips/tricks to finishing my project and came across this site. I am replacing the rear bearing (it was squealing incredibly loudly, as well as I was having some tiny pieces of clothing get caught between the front of the drum...

Clothes dryer drum screws fell out; How to align to replace? [ 1 Answers ]

I've had this happen years ago with another dryer I had, but this one has been tough. Older model Beaumark clothes dryer. Inside the drum, three screws attach the drum through a round metal plate (with circular "vent" holes) and screw into a small circular piece that rotates the drum. Over...

Frigidaire Dryer Drum [ 1 Answers ]

Right after my dryer drum interior light went out , I noticed that the dryer would no longer automatically stop upon opening the door. I noticed the small button (which I assume stops and starts whenever the door is opened or closed) was completely pushed in. I'm not sure if the two things are...

View more questions Search