Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Biffula Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Chevy C1500 rear end
    I've got a Chevy C1500 with a 10 bolt, 3.08 ratio rear end. It's a 2WD, 5.7L engine. I want to swap it with something with less mileage. Probably a later model. Is there a compatible rear end even if its not the same ratio?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2009, 07:49 AM

Why? Do you simply want to spend money or is there something qoing wrong with your current rear end? Changing the bearings in the rear end is relatively easy and inexpensive. Rear ends generally are the least problematic moving part in a car/truck. So why do you want to exchange it?
    Biffula Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Why? Do you simply want to spend money or is there something qoing wrong with your current rear end? Changing the bearings in the rear end is relatively easy and inexpensive. Rear ends generally are the least problematic moving part in a car/truck. So why do you want to exchange it??

How about instead of answering with a question you just give me a straight up answer?

(Oh, I know because of the noise and the filings in my differential fluid - now take your attitude and get lost)
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2009, 12:24 PM

Valid questions in response to an incomplete question. No need to get so snotty
    ddollinger Posts: 145, Reputation: 12

Jan 30, 2009, 03:09 PM

You chastized 450donn for not giving you a straight up answer. Well, I will give you a straight up answer.

You asked: "Is there a compatible rear end even if its not the same ration?"

The answer is yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rear air in suburban [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 97 suburban w/rear a/c . The rear lines leak . Can they be caped off at the front so I will be able to run the a/c ? I do not have the extra time or $300.00 right now to replace them .

1989 C1500 Overheating.Have Tried Everything to Fix It! [ 2 Answers ]

My truck is overheating, obviously. Idling, it doesn't over heat or if it does, very slowly unless I turn on the a/c and give it some gas. I replaced the heater core last year.. and no signs (antifreeze on passenger floor, etc) that it's bad again. I replaced the thermostat 2 days ago. The...

Red dots on rear end. [ 8 Answers ]

For some reason lately I've been getting weird red bumps on my behind. Some days they hurt and look like pimples that have come to a head but most times they are just red dots. Does anyone know what this is and how to take care of it. I've never had acne problems or anything like that. Could it be...

View more questions Search