Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shawnalitchmore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Adopting my grandson
    I'm living in the uk and want to adopt my grandson who lives in jamica the parent has given me consent how do I make it legal and how long is the process
    shawnalitchmore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Its not possible
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 01:23 PM
    Please be patient the people who may have the answer to your question may not be online at the moment. This is a worldwide website answered by volunteers. We do this on our own free time with no pay.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 01:28 PM

You need to consult a solictor. International adoptions are complicated, and you need someone with experience dealing with them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2009, 01:53 PM

I agree with Synnen. You may need solicitors in both Jamaica and your locality.

If both parents are willing, it should not be a huge problem, but you want to make sure all legalities are observed to prevent problems later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopt grandson [ 3 Answers ]

We have had our grandson since he was 9 months old, He is now ten he really wants us to adopt him. What do we need to do to be able to adopt him.:)

My 2 yr old grandson [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am in need of some advice. I have a 2 yr old grandson who is very adorable, loved, and very fortunate that he has me and my husband. Let me start by sharing that as of April of this yr my grandson has not seen his mother. My son has been providing and being attentive to his needs but right...

Adoption of grandson [ 1 Answers ]

My son passed away and has a 2 1/2 year old son. The parents were never married to each other but lived together. The mother recently married and the new husband wants to adopt our grandson. She has asked for the death certificate. What do I need to know and where do I stand. A loving grandparent

Custody of my grandson [ 6 Answers ]

How do I go about fighting children and youth for custody of my 1 month old grandson whom they placed in foster care? I have contacted an attorney, but they are slow responding. Do I need to become a foster parent first?

My Grandson [ 7 Answers ]

My precious little grandson does the weirdest thing once in a while. To explain a little when he was born he was breech, he never crawled, he sat straight up and hopped. He had months of therepy and started walking very late. At about age two he started with these little twitches, his legs go...

View more questions Search