Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    houseofcarol Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 12:43 AM
    value of antique singer sewing machine & table
    I was recently given an antique Singer electric sewing machine. The serial number is G8428853. It is very ornate. The decals and paint look nearly new, no rust. The machine is in a wooden case with bent wood rounded top. The machine does run very well. It has the original foot pedel(this is very unique). It also came with a portable table. The table has an art deco look, simple tapered legs, no drawers, just a simple table. The machine sits in the cabinet in it's wooden case bottom. For ease of fit each end of the table slides out to accommodate the machine.
    The table is also in excellent condition.
    Does anyone have an idea of the machines value?
    I don't plan to sell it - just curious.

Thank You:
    rolleyes:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 01:04 AM

Hi, houseofcarol!

How exactly does the serial number look, please? Are there an periods in between the numbers? There are two sets of numbers that begin with the letter "G" that can be found on the Singer site. Also, does it state anywhere as to what Series the machine is?

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2009, 01:19 AM

There is only the letter G then the numbers 8428853, one letter and 7 numbers..
    I assume it is the G series and the singer site indicates model 15, however it is very ornate with red green and gold decal work>

Thaqnks
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 01:24 AM

Did you check out the information that can be found via clicking on both of these links for that site?

SINGER® SEWING CO. | Support: Serial Numbers

http://www.singerco.com/pdf/SINGER_G_nos.pdf

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2009, 01:29 AM

Sure did, these were very helpful. But not quite enough.
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 01:39 AM

Yeah, I know...

So, it would seem that you have a machine that's dated at being manufactured in 1920.

Would you be able to post some a couple of images of it here, please?

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2009, 01:46 AM

Sure I'll take some pictures tomorrow and get them posted.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Carol
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 01:52 AM

That would be cool!

You know that what something is worth monetarily greatly depends on what someone is willing to pay for it.

If we do have some images and go searching for similar machines, then we should be able to come up with a ballpark figure as far as possible monetary value.

Thanks!
    polly123 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2009, 09:34 PM

Your Singer sewing machine was made in 1910 in Elizabeth, New Jersey.. At a factory named Elizabethport. There were 15,000 made of this series...
    Clough is correct, the monetary value is what someone is willing to pay.. Mostly by someone that wants it for sentimental value , like, my grandmother had one like this or just for the antique furniture look of the cabinet... It is very diffucult to set a value on an antique sewing machine.

Feb 4, 2009, 08:58 AM

Thank you very much. Both Polly and Clough.
    I just haven't had time to post the pictures.
    I was just curious as to the value of the machine. I have no intention of selling, the machine is beautiful. I really just want to document as much information as possible about all of my machines. I love sewing machines, they are a passion to me.
    Once again Thank You very very much.
    ashluvsfoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 07:24 PM
    I just found out we got one from 1904!
    pca29755 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2010, 03:26 AM

I have a wheeler and wilson d9 sewing machine on a table serial no is 2527207 and it is dated aug 18th 1885 I was wondering what the value is and where I could sell it
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2010, 12:36 PM
    Old and now archived thread that isn't generally visible unless someone visits the forum topic area where it's located or, is notified that there is activity on the thread because a person might have already posted on it. Plus, it's the thread of someone else and this place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does.

If you have a new question, please do start a new thread so that your question will get the most exposure.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2010, 01:04 AM
    Thread CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Appraisal of Antique Singer Sewing Machine [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for an estimate on the price of an Antique Singer Sewing Machine. It is a V.S.2 Model made in Kilbowie in 1890. It is in decent condition with the gold leafing well intact. It sits on a cabinet with three drawers on each side and I believe it has all of its original attachments. If you...

Antique Singer Sewing Machine. Info and value scale? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a singer sewing machine serial number G521788. It is in a small wooden four drawered cabinet with a black iron treddle. It is not electric. Is there anyone who can tell me the model # and/or a value scale, i.e... Is there a value range for worth if it is in poor, fair, average...

Antique sewing machine [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have an antique sewing machine from my greatgrandmother need to no how much its worth

Antique Electric Singer Sewing Machine [ 5 Answers ]

I bought and old Singer sewing machine at an auction. It is electric and is in the original wooden case, it works great but I am having trouble finding any information on it. I have found similar ones w/a lot more fancy work on them but not this model, the Serial Number is AH782181. Does anyone...

View more questions Search