Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jr27 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 06:18 AM
    Vibration in the house
    When the outside unit (Trane XB10 Heat Pump) kicks on you can hear a very loud vibration noise in the dining and kitchen area. As I went outside to check this out I had notice that when listening to where the piping goes into the house there is a humming and vibration. The main power cable is tie wrapped to the insulated copper pipe once those tie wrappes are cut the vibration in the house has gone down. The copper pipe continues to vibrate and can still hear it in the house but not as profound. Anything I can do beside calling tech out which I do have a service policy.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 11:14 AM
    You might install some type of anti-vibration pads/boots /rubber mats or something like that to maybe stop the condenser unit from vibrating,, if it doesn`t help something in the unit needs to be looked at to insure nothing is out of balance, like a boot under the compressor or fan motor
    jr27 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 11:39 AM

Tks will let u know how things turn out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Focus Vibration [ 1 Answers ]

What can cause vibration when engine is running, without vehicle moving. Feels like it's caused by the engine, motor mounts, etc. No noise and doesn't get heavier once you drive. Thank You

Weedwacker vibration [ 1 Answers ]

My weedwacker has a terrible vibration on the spool end when its running. It runs fine and then will vibrate really bad then it'll stop vibrating.

Crazy vibration [ 2 Answers ]

I have a vibrating sound , but I don't feel a vibration. It appears to be in the walls between one of my bedrooms and the bathroom. This house was built in the late forties . Am I in any danger and is thing going to explode and more importantly what is going on and can it be fix.

Vibration in air return [ 1 Answers ]

I have an air return in my ceiling 20 X 25 which I recently replaced the filter in. After about a week the new filter started a loud vibration. I figured it was not the exact size so picked up another one and replaced it and the vibration started again. I have narrowed it down, to it only...

AC Compressor Vibration [ 3 Answers ]

Our new Ashwood Builders home has 2 AC compressors mounted outside on a small concrete slab that is connected to the main foundation. All the other homes in this new neighborhood that I've checked have a small gap between the compressor slab and the foundation. Even though the new compressors are...

View more questions Search