Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 12:13 PM
    1996 Saab 9000 needs new Head Gasket
    Just had the water pump replaced on this car and now it seems the head gasket it blown. I was looking into K&W Metallic Block Seal, but wanted to know if anyone with a Saab has ever tried this.

The car had no symptoms, never overheated that we knew of and now has water in the oil.

Any constructive feedback will be appreciated.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 01:32 PM

Have you had the car pressure tested to make sure that it's actually the head gasket that's causing the oil & antifreeze to mix?
    tchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Yes... had it tested and they said it's indeed the head gasket.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 03:42 PM

The block seal may or may not work, depending on the severity of the damage to the gasket. You can try it but don't cross your fingers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 Grand Prix Head Gasket [ 10 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, As I have said before I am not much of an "in depth" mechanic. My wife drives a 96 grand prix with the 3.1 engine. The "low coolent" light has been coming on and off for a while now. I always check the water level right away... the radiator always had water but the resivor tank...

Head gasket [ 2 Answers ]

My car has a blown head gasket... how much will it cost to get fixxed:mad: :confused:

Head gasket [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 suburban and I notice on start up the smell of antifreeze, does anyone know what that could possibly indicate?

Head gasket [ 1 Answers ]

I have a honda civic 1989 120,000 miles 3dr. 1.5 std I blew the head gasket last summer and its been sitting all winter. The head gasket was replaced 30.000 miles ago but someone messed up. I just now got the head resurfaced and oem bolts and gasket per the tsb $200! 2 questions:...

Head gasket [ 3 Answers ]

My head gasket is leaking, my car seems to be running a little hot, does this mean that my gasket is about to blow?; also I'm no longer getting heat :(

View more questions Search