Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skippy61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 10:19 AM
    What is the cost of moving a heat pump unit 10 feet
    I want to put a woodstove in my basement. However the build put the heat pump
    3 feet from my thimble to my chimney... is it very expensive to move a heat pump unit about 10 feet into a corner
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 10:21 AM
    All cost associated with the material and labor are set locally since the prices vary around the country. It would be best to get 2 or 3 estimates locally and then you will know the exact price to move your unit..
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2009, 10:40 AM

I'm no A/C expert but I would also think it depends what is going to be in the way... basically if they have to run new ducts in an area where there are electrical, plumbing lines etc it's going to be more expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BUZZ on the outside unit of my A/C (heat pump) [ 5 Answers ]

The A/C of my heat pump is still working fine... but suddenly the outside unit started having this BUZZ when the unit is running. Everything seems to be working fine, the house is cool and the unit cycles nicely. Should I do something to prevent failure in the future? Thanks

Heat pump a/c unit freezes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric furnace with a heat pump, my a/c was working fine in the summer and the heat was working fine then the outside a/c unit got about an inch of ice on it is this a simple fix or is something major wrong.

Rheem-heat-pump-outside-unit-humming but blower unit working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heat pump and ac unit outside. The inside blower fan still working but the outside unit humming. Are there any quick fixes here

Moving a heat pump unit [ 1 Answers ]

Is it difficult to move a heat pump unit to a location about 15 feet away? Is it just a matter of moving the unit and extending the connections, or is there something more complicated about it?

Moving a Rheem heat pump [ 5 Answers ]

I am moviing a 2.5 ton Rheem heat pump to another house. How do I shut it down to save the freon?

View more questions Search