Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Jan 10, 2009, 01:05 AM
    Knitting pattern row for afghan
    I'm working on a simple afghan. There is a no real pattern other than the dimensions.

Should I do just a garter stitch or maybe four rows garter and 4 something else (that is a simple stitch)

I like the idea of a plain afghan but I also can't decide on strips
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2009, 01:20 AM

Hi, Starbucks21!

What are you going to be using the afghan for, please? If it's for something that might be used a lot, then I would suggest using the strongest stitching for the project.

Thanks!
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Jan 10, 2009, 01:32 AM

Well it's just going to be a throw so far... More of a baby afghan. With approx 175 cast

I'm using medium acrylic yarn.

I don't want to go into any stitches that are too loose but I'm just doing a simple garter stitch. I'm wondering if this will turn out too plain.

I am planning to add fringe

But would strips be more interesting?
    doc_watson Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 07:27 PM

You could always make little squares, and then put them all together at the end... This way they can be different colours, different patterns and you can arrange them however you want before it's "permanent".

I think your best bet is to just look around (online or at your local library or book store) for different patterns that interest you, and see if you can incorporate it in your afghan. Even something simple like an increase then a little further down, a decrease. Or slipping a stitch at certain intervals..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the pattern? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the pattern found in: 2, 4, 12, 48,_,_,_?:eek:

Pattern [ 28 Answers ]

Hello: Do you notice a pattern in the Bush presidency?? First it was Katrina... Then we found out that the FDA let brain damaged cows into your grocery market... then we found out some mine inspectors weren't doing their jobs... then we found out the government didn't inspect some toys made...

How to fix a crocheted afghan [ 3 Answers ]

I have a crocheted afghan that my mother had made. Apparently, one row was poor quality yarn and has broken is several places. Can anyone help me figure out how to crochet it back together and make it look right? I know there has to be a trick to it, but I can't seem to get it right. ...

Knitting and Felting [ 4 Answers ]

I'm just learning to knit. I have just learned of the felting technique. I was wondering how you go about making the tiny balls sometimes used as décor or even beads...

View more questions Search