Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Rubber Cement Glue on Wood!
    Does anyone know how to get Elmer's Rubber Cement Glue off wood?

My daughter was scrapbooking and put her finished sheets on our wood desk and the rubber cement glue came through the sheets and is now on the desk.:(

Thanks for any help!
    JPT
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 01:28 PM

Try a little heat form a hair dryer and gently scrape off with a putty knife. Don't over heat the rubber. If all doesn't come up there is also a product named "Goof Off" which any big box or hardware /paint store has. We use on the jobs to get off sticker adhesives paint splatters maybe between the hair dryer and goof off

Signed 21 Boat

If I helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    susananne Posts: 94, Reputation: 6

Jan 13, 2009, 12:31 PM

There is this stuff called Goo Gone.. it works great
    pblarry49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2013, 07:17 AM
    DO NOT USE A HAIR DRYER on finished wood. High heat can a best, discolor the finish, at worst, it can ruin finishes like shellac and lacquer and even polyurethane. Whatever you use, try it on an inconspicuous spot first to assess any possible damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I used pvc cement instead of all purpose cement [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced some old pipes with cpvc and then realized that the cement was not all purpose, just pvc. Will it hold?

Glue rising from between wood slabs [ 1 Answers ]

My contractor installed an engineered wood several months ago. Recently I noticed that glue is coming up between the slabs in some areas. I hadn't noticed this before. Why is this happening and can it be removed? Thanks

Hi how do I remove wood adhesive from wood cabinetry [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, how do I remove wood adhesive from wood cabinetry. The gentleman who installed the cabinets inadvertently rubbed the glue on the cabinet itself... it looks awful.. thanks

Getting tape glue off wood furniture [ 3 Answers ]

The movers put packing tape on my wood furniture. The backing(glue) remaind on my furniture when I removed the tape. How do I remove it without destroying my furniture? Thank you so much. Kathy

Cement Patio and Wood Stair Rail? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The metal stair rails on our concrete front porch recently broke and we had to remove them. I would very much prefer to replace them with wood rails, which I think are far more attractive. However, looking around the neighborhood, I only see wood rails with wood patios and decks, and...

View more questions Search