Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daveyblaze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 08:14 PM
    If you take one hit of some potent marijuana will you fail a urine drug screen?
    I have been put on probation and I enjoy smoking marijuana as a hobby and I am curious as to how much if any I can smoke and still pass urine drug screen I weigh about 140 and I have a fast metabolism and I am pretty active and I drink lots of fluids and I'm not sure if I even get drug tested but just in case I would like to know what I can get away with if anything cause I have heard the tests have to reach a certain amount of thc metabolites. What would you do?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 08:16 PM

Best thing to do is avoid the hit then you don't have to be worried.
    snookie82 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2009, 09:39 PM
    I'm not in this particular situation but I do have friends that get drug tested every month at a certain time for work and they will either time it out to have two weeks to come clean or use a clense drink. I have another friend that is on probation and he does not get tested even though they told him they would. Are you on probation because of drugs or a drug related incedent? That would definitely increase your chances of being tested monthly by 100%. I don't believe that one hit would have enough inpact to fail a drug test but anything is possible and you don't want to end up back in the court house!!
    synthcrx Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2009, 09:59 PM

Some drug tests are different than others, meaning some might flag a positive at one amount, whereas another might flag a positive at a different amount. Short story would be that it would be incredibly dumb to do drugs when you know you're going to be tested.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 02:06 AM

Hi, daveyblaze!

Like N0help4u said, I would avoid the "hit" so that I wouldn't have to worry about it. I would like to add, that if I was on probation, I also would be very careful to not do anything wrong that would jeopardize my probation so that it might be revoked and might have to then do some time in confinement.

It's all a matter of choices that a person makes...

Thanks!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 3, 2009, 02:19 AM

We're not here to help you pass a drug test, sorry, but that would be illegal.

If you want to smoke pot then you have to be willing to suffer the consequences. You're on probation, is a high really important enough to risk going to jail?

The choice is yours.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 05:32 AM
    Hello d:

I don't like playing russian roulette. I like to KNOW that I'm NOT going to get busted... Plus, the cool thing about pot, is that you can stop, and nothing bad happens. Then, when you're off probation, you can do it again...

But, if you want to mess around, they'll catch you... They're VERY GOOD at catching people... They are COPS, after all.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyblaze View Post
    i have been put on probation and i enjoy smoking marijuana as a hobby and i am curious as to how much if any i can smoke and still pass urine drug screen i weigh about 140 and i have a fast metabolism and i am pretty active and i drink lots of fluids and im not sure if i even get drug tested but just in case i would like to know what i can get away with if anything cause i have heard the tests have to reach a certain amount of thc metabolites. what would you do?

You've already violated for underage possession of alcohol. I suspect that and a positive drug test will solve the whole "what I can get away with ..." problem for you.

If you can't live with the terms of your probation you might be better off just appearing, requesting the jail sentence for the original offense, serving your time and ending the whole matter, no probation.

Someone else did that over the course of the past year because he couldn't live with the conditions of his probation. It happens.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 12:23 PM

Judy has some very salient points. You feel that you need to keep pushing and pushing things like a little kid does. Don't worry, you'll get caught and then have a nice probation violation hearing and the judge (hopefully) will order you to do your original jail sentence in jail. Until then just keep doing what you're doing and be sure to come back and tell us just how many months in jail you will be serving.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 07:34 PM

Of course your probation officer will love to hear from one of your buddies who gets mad at you, or if they get stopped will love to give you up as part of a deal.

You have a lot more to worry about, hanging with drug users than failing the test
    cbourner Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jan 5, 2009, 07:16 AM
    How about finding another "hobby"??
    eastboi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 08:45 PM

I've been smoking for ten years from the age of 13 trust me isn't worth it.got friends for much longer I see the affects in them that's why I decided to give it up.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2009, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eastboi View Post
    ive been smoking for ten years from the age of 13 trust me aint worth it.got friends for much longer i see the affects in them thats why i decided to give it up.

This has been closed since January 2009 - probably time to close permanently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Marijuana and drug testing for pain management [ 7 Answers ]

If CA law says medical marijuana is legal and I have to take a drug screening test to get my pain pills under my pain mahagement contract, will I be denied my pills for using marijuana? Can my doctor really lose his license for prescribing them to me? This seems to be a contradiction.

Urine test in standard physical! Marijuana? [ 8 Answers ]

Didn't know where to post this but please I am so worried!! I just got a standard physical and inlcuded was I had to pee in a cup. They didn't tell me it was for drugs specifically. Will marijuana show up on a test like this? And if it does I last smoked about 100 Hours ago but I rarley rarley...

Urine drug screen test [ 4 Answers ]

I have to take a urine drug screen test, however I do have a prescription for the Lortab5mg I had a horrible migrane and the Dr gave me this medication. I was wondering if I took one on Friday and I have the screening on Monday will it show up?:confused:

Marijuana and Drug tests [ 4 Answers ]

Hullo there. I have smoked pot before, 4 times throughout last year. They were in spaces of about 2 to 3 months apart from each time. Last time was last Tuesday. (4th time that I had pot) Anyway, here is my question. If I've only had pot 4 times before --- I'm thinking about applying for...

Drug in urine [ 3 Answers ]

I took hydrocodone 7.5mg 4times a day for 1 month. I haven t taken any pills in 15 days. Will this drug still show up in my urine test that I took today. I am 6feet tall 205 lbs 54 years old. Greatly appreciate your help thanks

View more questions Search