Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffwms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 07:10 AM
    Bleeding air from a hot water baseboard heating system
    When my furnice turns on there is a lot of loud gurgling of water heard in all the water lines for my hot water baseboard heating system. It is getting worse and worse. As with so many people nowadays we just don't have money to call in a professional to help. Is there an easy fix for this problem? It has gotten so loud that it is waking me up during the night. HELP!!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 07:15 AM
    Make sure the boiler water pressure/altitude is at least 12 pounds then start bleeding the baseboards while making sure the boiler water pressure stays at least 12 pounds. It may take awhile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting forced hot air system to baseboard heating system [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a basic question about heating. Is it possible to change a forced hot air system to a baseboard heating system? And if so, what does it involve exactly? And approximate prices, for about 5000 sq feet house. Thank you very much.

Bleeding a baseboard hot water heating system [ 2 Answers ]

I have a oil fired hot water boiler with baseboard heating. I have to replace the circulator and want to know how to bleed the system and then refill it when I am done. What is the proper procedure for this and what tools will I need?

Bleeding Hot Water Baseboard System [ 2 Answers ]

I have a gas fired boiler that heats water, uses 1 circulator pump to pump water to 2 zones (each with its own thermostat), using copper pipe to baseboards with fins. I am having difficulty bleeding the air out. One zone heats fine, the other not at all. I think there may be some kind of air...

Bleeding Hydronic Baseboard heating system [ 2 Answers ]

I have just moved into an old house in New Jersey and the house has two separate heating zones: one thermostat upstairs and one thermostat downstairs. The upstairs thermostat is currently inoperative, so a PSE&G technician circumvented the problem, and now both upstairs and downstairs are being...

Loud banging from baseboard hot water heating system [ 6 Answers ]

I have been living in a home for 10 years with baseboard hot water gas heating system that has since day one given me headaches with a loud banging when the system is running. I recently installed a Hydronic gas boiler and accompanying European style slim radiators to the home to provide more even...

View more questions Search