Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dgholt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 05:29 AM
    Water level in above ground pool in winter
    We bought a house with above ground pool.We have a winter cover on it,treated for winter but the water level has really dropped.Does water come through those covers?I'm afraid with the low water level it will collapse the sides.What should I do?I have removed the ice and water off the cover so it would not pull cover and sides in.;)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 1, 2009, 11:02 AM

There isn't much you can do now if the surface water on top of the cover is now frozen. You pool water level should not be dropping unless you have a leak, it could just look like its dropped with new surface water pushing down on the cover. When winterizing you drop the water level to a few inches below the skimmer hole and then cover. The cover should float on the water and not be so tight that its like a drum over the pool side walls. I'd just wait for Spring at this point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to level ground for a pool? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to level the ground in preparation for putting up a rectangular pool?

Level above ground pool [ 3 Answers ]

I have reviewed some answers re: leveling above ground Pools. I have used "all purpose sand" vs. "play/beach sand" Will this sand be OK before I actually lay down the ground liner?

Water behind a pool liner of an above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, the liner in part of my pool is below the water level and thus water is now behind the liner. I cannot pick up the liner because it is so heavy with the weight of the water. 1. Is this hurting my pool 2. How much to replace a new liner and have it installed for a 16ft round pool ...

Winter leak- Ice what to do? Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

Have an above ground 21' round pool. Winterized with a pillow and cover and proper chemicals. This the first winter for pool. Installed it myself. Noticed yesterday water flowing out from underneath, obviously a leak. Level is down about a foot or more. Loostened cover to avoid walls from being...

How can I level my above ground pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I bought a pool last year, I think its about 14', its not one of those super nice ones with the deck attached or anything, just one of those 400 dollar ones from wal*mart... but I could never get it to stay up.. I think it was just not level enough last year, it would stay up fine for a couple...

View more questions Search