Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shario Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 02:46 PM
    How to get rid of a loser boyfriend
    He has been in my house for 13 yrs. Has never paid a dime to live here. He can't keep a job and doesn't seem to try to get one. He drinks A lot!! He is DRUNK out of his mind at least 3to4 days out of a week. I've had it and want him OUT!! He will not leave on his own. He really has no where to go. But I don't think that's my problem. He is verbally abusive with me and our son. I've asked him to leave but he just laughs and says I will never leave and you can't make me. I know he is wrong but I need to find a legal way out of this situation. PLEASE HELP ME!! I can't take it anymore!!
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Dec 29, 2008, 02:58 PM

If it is your house and ONLY your house (he is not on any lease or anything. Go to the courthouse and file an eviction notice.

In my experience with this, an eviction must be issued, in my juristicition, the evictee is allowed to stay for up to 30 days.

However if the is being abusive, the solution may be much simpler, call the law on him when he starts acting up. Most police agencies are quick to get troublemakers out of a home.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shario View Post
    He has been in my house for 13 yrs. Has never paid a dime to live here. He can't keep a job and does'nt seem to try to get one. He drinks ALOT!!!! He is DRUNK out of his mind at least 3to4 days out of a week. I've had it and want him OUT!!!! He will not leave on his own. He really has no where to go. But i don't think that's my problem. He is verbally abusive with me and our son. I've asked him to leave but he just laughs and says i will never leave and you can't make me. I know he is wrong but i need to find a legal way out of this situation. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I can't take it anymore!!!!

Go to Court and get a restraining order. That will keep him somewhat temporarily out of the house. If the property is in your name, evict him according to the Laws of your State.

The restraining order does not evict him; the eviction order does not keep him from coming around. You have to take the two separate steps to guarantee all bases are covered.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 04:06 PM

What state is this in ? Depending on the answer he may be more then just a boyfriend.
    shario Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 06:33 PM

We live in Wisconsin. I don't think we have common law.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shario View Post
    We live in Wisconsin. I don't think we have common law.
    Your correct, your state doesn't recognize common law marriage. Thanks for answering back quickly.
    sunnyone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 07:45 PM

I have lived with a man 15 years and want domestic partnership ened what rights do I have in splitting assets monies etc. I have not worked for 15 years his choice
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 09:48 PM

Get a domestic violence restraining order. Some states (like California) authorize a move-out (kick-out) order be issued at the same time(no need to do a separate action for eviction). Check with a local attorney about this.
    lisacrowley39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 04:23 PM
    Im in the same position but I live in pa which is a common law state it sux
    Ruvedub Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 08:12 PM
    Trust me, the BEST way if he's abusive, to call thee cops and FOLLOW. THROUGH all the way on a dometic violence charge. The key is say he grabbed u by the throat. That's an automatic trip to jail. From there they will file a PROTECTIVE order which police can enforce. They can't enforce a restraining order. Follow everything they say to do IF u really want to get rid of him. Be sure first b c they will not let u get back together w him. Good luck, I only did it 2 years and I'm a widow. So u can do it! Anything over a year of BS id TOOO long!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2012, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruvedub View Post
    Trust me, the BEST way if he's abusive, to call thee cops and FOLLOW. THROUGH all the way on a dometic violence charge. The key is say he grabbed u by the throat. That's an automatic trip to jail. From there they will file a PROTECTIVE order which police can enforce. They can't enforce a restraining order. Follow everything they say to do IF u really want to get rid of him. Be sure first b c they will not let u get back together w him. Good luck, I only did it 2 years and I'm a widow. So u can do it! Anything over a year of BS id TOOO long!

I have 2 problems - your text speak makes it difficult to take you seriously.

Lying to the Police, making up a "throat grabbing incident" - is filing a false report.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I have 2 problems - your text speak makes it difficult to take you seriously.

Lying to the Police, making up a "throat grabbing incident" - is filing a false report.
    I strongly agree, espectially with problem #2. Making things up is not the way to go: if you do you deserve to go to jail.

But there is a third problem:

Quote Originally Posted by Ruvedub View Post
    ... a PROTECTIVE order which police can enforce. They can't enforce a restraining order. ...
    I don't know where Ruvedub get's this idea. Maybe in her home town, but in general the two terms mean more-or-less the same thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loser or better? [ 4 Answers ]

So where can I start huh? Lol well a short version of this is my fiancé is kind of a loser... No aspirations, treats his mom like crap, no goals, he's rude to all my friends, rude to all his friends, (to paint a picture for you, he spits,burps, and farts in front of any one at any time, my friend...

Loser ex comes bαck? αnd I'm mαrried. [ 14 Answers ]

K well this situαtion I find kindα funny. But it's been α couple dαys thαt someone cαlls αnd hαngs up repeαtedly.. first I thought k it's α prαnk no biggie. But then lαst night someone finαlly αnswered:confused: αnd it wαs my (drunk) ex -- like from oooo 2003-2004ish? Lol I don't even remember...

My mom's loser boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

So 4 years ago my parents got a divorce, I was 13. I kind of expected it so it didn't hit me as hard as I thought. My mom started dating this guy who was 23 and she was 37. I was a bit bothered by this but at the time she let me do practically whatever I wanted, and I was a rebellious teen I guess...

Are you a loser? [ 21 Answers ]

What is your definition about "loser"? I constantly think people are losers if they drop school because they spent their money traveling instead of paying tuition, or people made big mistakes at work(like talking rubbish about boss,steal stuff), or people who don't pass tests because they don't...

View more questions Search