Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rxcar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 06:02 PM
    How do I get the smell of vinegar out of my Car?
    I had my car detailed 4 weeks ago because it smelled like spoiled milk. My son's sippy cup had leaked into the carpet of the car and it smelled so the car wash said they could get it out. When I picked up the car it had a very distinct smell and the car wash people said that would go away in a day or two. After 2 weeks they told me the smell that would Not go away was from them cleaning the car's carpets with vinegar to neutralize the spoiled milk smell. They have now cleaned the car's carpets 2 more times to try and "rinse" out the left over vinegar. Still it will not go away. I actually work out of the car and spend hours driving every week and in the middle of the winter I am driving with my windows down to just breathe. Last time I asked if they had diluted the vinegar or just used it straight and they said of course the diluted but why would it smell so strongly after a month? What can I do to get this smell out of my car?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2008, 06:34 PM

Sprinkle with baking soda. Wait and vacuum. The baking soda will combine with the vinegar making harmless carbon dioxide.

You may have to take up the floor carpeting.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 09:11 PM

See if they have some professional air fresheners
    bIGmIKE242 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Put a large bowl of tomato juice on the floor for a least 12 hours.
    bohn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 11:53 AM
    I had vinegar to spill in my car the other day also and I have done everything to try to get the smell to go away... I will try both the baking soda and tomato remedy and see how it works.. thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mothballs and vinegar [ 4 Answers ]

I tried a science experiment and nothing happened. What was wrong? I filled the glass with water until full. Add baking soda to the water and stir until dissolved Add the vinegar and mothballs to the water solution. It will bubble. Now the experiment should have caused the mothballs to sink to...

Sweating smell like vinegar [ 1 Answers ]

I sweat a lot and it sometimes smells like vinegar what is causing this I also can sweat even if it is cold outside what is this

Apple cider vinegar [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use Apple cider vinegar to treat dandruf in my chemically treated hair?

Vinegar [ 1 Answers ]

How can i make my own vinegar,any recipes? :-/

View more questions Search