Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigolt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Furnace gas valve operation
    I have an older Dayton model 3E473A wall furnace that has a bad gas valve. Grainger no longer sells replacement parts for this furnace. I went on line and using the part no. of the existing bad gas valve (Robert Shaw 7000 AERB-5-S7C), I found a cross referenced replacement gas valve (GSV720402). My concern is that my furnace is rated at 40,000 input BTu's and the specs for the replacement gas valve says up to 150,000 BTU furnace. Does the burner control the amount of btu's or does the gas valve control the amount of gas to meet what the furnace is supposed to put out in heat?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 11:58 AM

Typically, the gas valve can be adjusted to the proper output pressure for the application. If the "up to" value was less than the application, output would be insufficient. Manifold pressure must be checked and adjusted to unit rating plate value after valve replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace burner ignites, but no fan operation [ 10 Answers ]

I went to finally turn on the heat for the first time and while it took a minute or 2 for the vent motor and burners to ignite, the main fan never started up. The fan does work with the AC, but does not work when I switch the fan to "on" at the thermostat. Could it be the integrated Furnace...

Hvac1000 - typical HP reversing valve operation (tstat) [ 9 Answers ]

A) In a typical thermostat is the reversing valve controlled directly based on mode of heat or cool regardless of the unit actively cooling or heating Mode is Heat = reversing valve on (furnace can be actively on or off) Mode is Cool = reversing valve off (AC can be actively off or on) ...

Noisy intermittent furnace operation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York Stellar Central Environmental Heating/Cooling system installed in April of 1994. Model number is G/CN060SA. The unit sends strong vibrations through the floor when it is running, and occaisionally just makes a buzzing noise without generating any heat. I have found that by...

Carrier furnace irradict operation [ 1 Answers ]

May I ask what a main limit switch is and what it's purpose is? I have a 150,000 BTU sparker igniting furnace model 58GS150-1A (Carrier) Series 101.

Want Fulltime Fan Operation With Gas Furnace [ 7 Answers ]

For various reasons, I want to have the house HVAC fan running all the time. Continuous movement of air, keeps the house from getting "stuffy", white noise in the background, etc. This is fine during the warmer months, as the system allows that. But even if I command the fan to always be on...

View more questions Search