Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nethogen07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 12:05 AM
    Convert DVD to CD
    Is is possible to take a Blank DVD-R CD and some how format it or do something to it so you can burn music on to it and play the CD in a car player or radio?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 18, 2008, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethogen07 View Post
    Is is possible to take a Blank DVD-R CD and some how format it or do somthing to it so you can burn music on to it and play the CD in a car player or radio?
    It can be done but there a lot that goes into it. The following link will explain!
    How to Record and Play Music from a DVD - by Digital Trends

You must have a DVD burner with a supporting software.
    Must have a new/newer CD player/reciever to play Audio DVD's.

Honestly an IPOD seems to be the more convenient route, but it was your question so I'll answer it accordingly.

Let me know!

RICK
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2008, 05:13 PM

Just buy some blank CD's!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2008, 06:00 PM
    No, it can't be done. The laser are different in CD players and DVD players. As Twinkie said CDRs are cheap as heck, pick up a spindle.
    Networking Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 12:49 AM
    You're right DVD's weren't created for audio playback BUT YOU CAN STILL USE THEM FOR IT! Newer CD Receiver's can play audio files from a DVD-R. That is what he's asking read the question AGAIN! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 03:49 AM
    95% of car radios and other radios that accept CDs will not play DVDs of any kind.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    Newer CD Receiver's can play audio files from a DVD-R.
    He is asking about car radios and other radios.

That is what he's asking read the question AGAIN! GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!
    I suggest you do the same.

Wrong Wrong Wrong! Yes they can my friend!
    Prove it then. You are quite an emotional guy who gets upset easily. Easy with the reddies cowboy.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 21, 2008, 05:06 AM
    As already mentioned by NK, CD players CANNOT play DVD's.

That's it job done.

There is a large difference in the laser setup to read DVD's.
    While DVD players will indeed read CD's, this DOESN'T work the other way round.
    DVD players are backward compatible, but CD players are NOT forward compatible, NOTHING is.
    Networking Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 09:27 AM
    I'm done defending myself against idocracy! Both Nero and RecordNow both allow the format on a DVD to be changed to data (ie: MP3) Newer car receivers on the market are hybrids DVD/CD players usually they come with the screen (ie: to watch movies) but if there is audio it will play it. The songs are divided into chapters much like a CD. Please do not question me when I have this setup in my automobile. I have a Jenson VM9312 and it does play Mp3's off a DVD. For an overview on the receiver look at the following link.

VM9312 In-Dash DVD/CD Receiver with 7" LCD Monitor price comparison

I would appreciate if everyone would stop questioning me, I know what I'm talking about, why would I make any of this up? And please how grown up is cyber bullying huh? Grow Up!

I realize he was asking about Car Radios and stand alone players. I simply gave him an option on successfullt doing what he wants, he didn't specify stock radios he said CAR RADIOs which includeds aftermarket receivers. Don't take it so literal
    BossMan

Dec 21, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Rick, you have missed the point.
    You STATED that CD players can play DVD's.
    This statement is incorrect and misleading.

While it is indeed possible to record music on a DVD and play it as such, these disc will NEVER play on a standard CD player, ever.
    The setup you have referenced is a DVD player.
    Networking Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 09:52 AM
    I apologize. But he didn't specify standard Cd' players. And the Receiver I referred to is both DVD/CD.

To answer his question exacty the way he asked is " yes you can use Nero and/or RecordNow to record audio to DVD but they will not play on stock Cd players or a majority of radios. I simply gave hima way of doing so, I wanted to let him no with research it is possible, with a little work. Obviosly standard equipment won't but I tried explaining a way he could, I don't need anyone telling me I'm emotional because I think outside the box and take offense to quick judgement. Because of needkarma I now look like a quick-draw-Mcgraw and that's notwho I am. I am done on this forum, it looks like everyone wants to stick the ordinary and isn't willing to change and expand their knowledge by doing some off the wall experiences.

I appreciate those who support my sometimes irrational thinking and despise those who can't look beyond the norm and realize their wrong sometimes!
    BossMan

Dec 21, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Rick, All that's really needed is some attention to detail, that's all.

As you well know IT can be very black and white, so vague response aren't really all that helpful.
    Thinking outside the box is great, but you need to give the information to back up your thinking.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Rick, All that's really needed is some attention to detail, that's all.

As you well know IT can be very black and white, so vague response aren't really all that helpful.
    Thinking outside the box is great, but you need to give the information to back up your thinking.
    How was he able to give me 3 reddies in a row?
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 10:19 AM
    To answer his question exacty the way he asked is " yes you can use Nero and/or RecordNow to record audio to DVD but they will not play on stock Cd players or a majority of radios....Obviosly standard equipment won't...
    The OP only one post. He did not mention having an aftermarket upscale DVD player that also plays CDs (which is what your product is) - he mentioned "car radio" not car DVD player.
    BossMan

Dec 21, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    How was he able to give me 3 reddies in a row?
    That has been resolved.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    That has been resolved.
    Thank you Curly for clearing this up. The OP said car CD player. I told him to buy some blank CD's with no further explanation since anyone knows you can't successfully play a DVD in a plain jane car CD player. But IT thinks everyone has a souped up set up like he does in their car.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2008, 08:20 PM

I was thinking poster wanted to have much more music on a 1 DVD, as opposed to a CD?
    I think their may be a missunderstanding here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Convert this [ 2 Answers ]

What is the acceleration of the elevator if the scale reading is 575 N?

How to convert [ 15 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I have a excel spreadsheet data, I want to convert the excel data in Microsoft access and use the same as a database for a website. I am a beginner to access and I need full information about all things including saving the data. Regards, Askmaya

Convert ra. To mp3. [ 1 Answers ]

Can any one tell me how to convert ra. Files to mp3. Files so that I can acess them on my I-pod?

How to convert? [ 1 Answers ]

Convert 1-methylcyclohexanol to 1-bromo-2-methylcyclohexane. Should I use HBr and peroxides?

View more questions Search