Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CGR2000 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Carrier WeatherMaker 8000, not lighting the gas
    My name is Chris and I have a weathermaker 8000 Furnace. The problem is that it won't light the gas, so there is not heat. I know that the gas is flowing. I also don't see a spark. There is no AC hooked to it either. Can anyone help me with this?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2008, 08:25 PM

Does you furnace have a standing pilot? Or do you have electronic ignation. Let me know and I will try to help

Also what does you furnace do when you turn it to heat?

Nov 23, 2008, 08:50 PM

This one does not have a pilot. It's electronic. I just checked all the wires and plugs and everything is pluged in. Even the fuse.

Nov 23, 2008, 09:00 PM
    When I turn it to heat, it tries to let the gas flow. But I don't hear anything like a spark.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 10:40 AM

If you heater has a hot surface ignitor you will not hear any sparking noise. Use a flash light and look into where the burners first start. Look to see if you can find a black carpon looking post sticking up into where the flame should be, if it is there that is the ignitor. If you find it look to see if you see a crack in one of the post, it may just be some white that has formed on the ignitor. If you find this it means that you ignitor is bad and needs replacing. There is a test post on the circuit board with instructions on the bottom door. Read on how to perform a run through test, this way everything that is suppose to come on except the gas, If the ignitor comes on during the test you will see a bright glow in the furnace burner area, this will mean the ignitor is good.And the problem is somewhere else.

Let me know what you find.

Nov 24, 2008, 10:57 AM

When I turn the heater on, the gas flows but I still don't see any light at all from the furnace. I think it might be the ignitor. I will check when I get home.

Nov 24, 2008, 08:18 PM

I took a look at it again, and this time the ignitor, sparked once. There is some white stuff in it as well. I took some of it off and I think that why it sparked. But it hasn't sparked a 2 time yet.

Nov 25, 2008, 09:53 PM

I'm getting 2 different codes from the LED, one is a code #12 and the other is a code of #34.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem with my Carrier Weathermaker 8000, Last night when we went to bed, everything was fine, this morning when we woke up it was a chilly 61 degrees in our home. Our neighbor came over to try and fix the problem, but, now we can't get the heater to come on at all, before while...

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

I've had my carrier a/c heat unit for about 10 years.. . Good service, but it has recently been making a sqeaking/chirping/screeching sound when the fan is running in a/c mode. I reminds me of the sound a car makes when the fan belt is slipping. Any suggestions? Thanks, lankford3

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 furnace and it come on for about 20 seconds then the burners cut off, the fan keeps going and it just keeps repeating this cycle like it is short cycling... Does anyone have any ideas because it is freezing in my house...

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 gas furance... when the thermastat calles for heat the furance turns on it willgo for 3 for 4 min... then the flame stops and the blower runs for the 128 seconds... this is all normal... but the thermastat is still calling for heat and the furance kick on again...

View more questions Search