Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GS750T1982 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Snowblower leaves a trail of snow behind?
    Hi, I just bought a 2006 Ariens 11528 snowblower. I've used it for two storms now and it leaves a trail of snow behind at every pass up and down of my driveway. It acts like it can't take in and discharge all the snow so it pushes it out the sides thus leaving a trail left and right as it travels. I've used it in dry and wet snow, same results. Slow or fast makes no difference either.I even sprayed silicone on everything to no avail.The augers turn fine also. Any ideas what's causing this? Thanks for any help
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Height adjustment? Yes, they have them too.
    GS750T1982 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    Height adjustment? Yes, they have them too.
    The height is adjusted. The snow is being pushed out of the auger box, not left behind from under the machine.
    dieselman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 08:35 AM
    I have the same problem with the same model. It does not throw snow at all. How cool is it in your area ? I find that if its about -10 C (I guess that would be 20F'ish) its to cold for it to work. Last time I checked, its usually cold when you use a show blower. I think the thing must have been built in Nevada desert.

DM
    36sundog Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 03:32 PM

Could be a belt needs adjusting or replacement as the upper stage is not discharging properly. If the snow is excessively wet & heavy that will effect performance. It should work just fine in colder weather, it's the warmer weather that causes problems.
    rv340 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 08:54 AM
    I have the same model. I purchased it new and it has been working this way since day one. It almost appears that auger is not rotating fast enough. Have anyone tried any modifications to the unit?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snow thrower not throwing snow [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I need help, I have a murray snow blower, it runs, but snow stuck in chute and won't throw out, changed the belt , no luck, hope someone can help, thanks

My Old Ariens Snowblower -trouble throwing snow [ 3 Answers ]

My older Ariens ST 824 model # 924-050 has been a real gem! But... yesterday while busting through a big drift of snow, it just kept clogging up. The snow was not really wet and heavy. I checked it out - the auger is turning, the shear pins are fine. I then pulled off the piece that exposes the...

Trail of Tears [ 1 Answers ]

I have just finished ready "Thirteen Moons" and got interested in the Trail of Tears, (Cherokee removal program). I wanted to read more about it. I think Amazon has over 6000 titles of that subject. Can any recommend a definitive book about the Trail of Tears? Non-fiction would be preferred....

Snow blower not picking up snow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Noma 5.0 HP snow blower that is not working correctly. The shears are not turning and picking up the snow. I've checked the shear pins, but they seem to be in good condition. What else should I check? Thanks

Snow thrower not throwing snow?! [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I shear one of the shear pins on my snow thrower tines I had replaced but the tines are not moving at all. (I hit a cement step while clearing the snow of a neighboard's driveway) Could some one let me know where I should start looking at? I don't want to disassemble more than I don't...

View more questions Search