Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collegeboy90 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Dry skin on testicals
    I'm a 18 sexually inactive male. 1 day ago in the afternoon, I noticed that my balls are became very itchy, and the skin around it appeared very dry (you can see white flakes on it). It does not hurt, its just super itchy. I don't think if I contracted any STDs or not, but I'm not sexually active, so I don't think it's that. I also didn't change any soap/body wash in the past month, so I don't think it's that either.

Please tell me what I have

P.s. I consumed a lot of alcohol the night before my symptom appeared, I had a mix of jaegermeister and vodka because of drinking games. But I never reacted this way to alcohol. But this is a good info to provide.

Also I've never had this condition before.
    08_777444 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Nov 16, 2008, 09:26 PM
    I don't think it has anything to do with the alcohol. I don't have tesitcles either, but have you cosidered jock itch?

Jock itch is an itchy rash of the groin that results from a superficial fungal infection of your skin. Men and women encounter the disease worldwide, although it is seen more often in the humid tropics. The rash may affect only your groin, but it may spread to include your inner thighs, genitals, and areas around your anus, rectum, or vagina.

Several organisms have been identified as causing the rash.

Risk factors include the following:

Heat
    Humidity
    Tight clothing
    Damp skin folds as may occur with obesity or excessive sweating
    Weakened immune systems

Jock itch must be distinguished from these skin problems:

Chronic irritation of skin folds
    Psoriasis
    Contact dermatitis
    Erythrasma - A reddish brown rash
    Eczema

Occasionally, bacterial organisms may cause infection on top of the fungal infection of jock itch. This new infection may become chronic if left untreated and may keep coming back in certain people.

Refer to this site:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/jock_itch/article_em.htm
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 09:42 PM

You should just ask a pharmacist what is the best medication to use for your condition. It should go away with the proper cream (or other form of medication).

Nov 16, 2008, 09:45 PM
    The skin on my balls feel very crispy though, kind of like the dead skin that snakes shed. The skin on my penis is not affected. I'm kind of worried.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 09:48 PM

08-77744 has some good points about it being a fungal problem. You just need to get a prescription for the problem. It will all be okay. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeboy90 View Post
    The skin on my balls feel very crispy though, kinda like the dead skin that snakes shed. the skin on my penis is not affected. I'm kinda worried.

It seems like it would be crispy because the skin of the testicles is very sensitive. So it is not going to be like any other part of your body when it comes to being dry.

Nov 16, 2008, 11:28 PM
    I agree with Southerngal, you should really call the pharmacist or schedule an appointment with the dermatologist. If it is a fungus, the condition could spread to your penis, anus, etc. So far it has not, luckily, and that is why it is all the more important that you call the pharmacist or see the doc soon.

Like I said, I don't have testicles and I am not familiar with jock-itch, but I'm sure they make some kind of an over the counter cream for the itching, which should at least give you some relief until you are able to make it to the doc. Hope this helps.

Nov 16, 2008, 11:29 PM
    I'm making an appointment to see an urologist tomorrow. I'm just worried that it might be some kind of STD

Nov 16, 2008, 11:45 PM
    While only you would know if there is a possibility of an STD, there are no STDs that I know of that cause such visible symptoms involving the scrotum, with the very rare exception of syphilis. But I won't get into speculating about that. There are hundreds of conditions that can cause a rash.

Nov 17, 2008, 02:26 AM

New development. I took a shower, and the skin started to peel off after I gently rubbed my groin area. Now my testicles returned to its normal state, but still feels a little crusty. I don't know what this means
    Irishbmx Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeboy90 View Post
    new development. I took a shower, and the skin started to peel off after i gently rubbed my groin area. now my testicles returned to its normal state, but still feels alittle crusty. I don't know what this means
    Don't take offense if this is not the case for you.

Using certain things for masturbation such as shampoo or soaps stuff like that causes exactly what your talking about.

When I was young and first discovered masturbation I lubed my hand of with shampoo when into my bedroom and rubbed one out , and my skin dry then became flaky then started cracking I freaked out , it went away and then later on down the line it happened again.
    Anyway long story short situations like that or not rinsing yourself fully and well enough could be the issue , Jock itch doesn't normally cause what your describing.
    killlaK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 09:13 PM
    You have a fungus I've had the same problem just go to the doctor they'll give you a hydrocortisone crème and antifungal crème it might burn but you'll e fine in a week an a half

Every time you jerk off or touch that area make sure your hands are clean because that area is very sensitive escpically in the winter cuase that's when the skin gets the driest.
    TheIrishBoxer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 12:46 PM
    College boy - I have the same problem . But I have noticed its getting better . So evey night and morning take a shower and wash . Mine is slowly going away
    alb11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2012, 10:45 PM
    I think that some kind of skin infection you have contracted. You should cure yeast infection at the earliest by taking some homeopathic medicines.http://www.yeastinfection-relief.net
    swaggerkid100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
    I am the same way but its going away after 2 days

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Redness and Itchiness underside of testicals and penis [ 3 Answers ]

For the past couple of days, my underside of my testicles and on the side of my penis is red, and is really itchy. I don't believe I have an STD, seeing how I had taken a test earlier this year (There was a scare, but the doctor said I'm clean) and I haven't had sex since then. So, would this...

Small cyst on testicals [ 1 Answers ]

My son had a scan and the discovered a small cyst floating in his testicals. What is tha range of treatment and cure?

Pain between anus and testicals [ 1 Answers ]

My main concern is a pain I have been feeling in my groin, between my anus and scrotum, it seems to come and go, also it seems sometimes when I masturbate my testicals raise up inside me and causes a pain in them from being there... when this happens I seem to loose some hardness in my erection and...

Maybe cancer in my testicals , Or Not Being Able To Produce Now? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Im quite embaressed when I say this but, I have a problem when I Uusally my is white and you can see all the sperm etc in it... For a week or two now.. when I have , there is no sperm, its like watery, and there is no sign of sperm in it.. Im getting quite worried now, that I have maybe...

View more questions Search