Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NENAZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 12:49 PM
    How to obtain a cleaning/janitorial license?
    How to obtain a cleaning/janitorial license in wahington county?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2008, 05:14 AM

Hi, NENAZ!

Are you sure that you would need to have a license to do that kind of work? Around where I live you wouldn't need a license if you're just working on your own out of your home.

Also, are you meaning Washington County? If so, what state is it in, please!

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 13, 2008, 08:23 PM

Clough, if NENAZ is incorporated as he/she should be then they could be asking about a simple "business license" from the city, county, etc, for taxing purposes among others.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2008, 11:28 PM

Hi, Stringer!

It's also possible that NENAZ might be operating alone under their own legal name rather than a "doing business as" name; not have any employees and not be incorporated. Depending on the laws where the work is being performed, the above kinds of factors could also come into consideration as to whether a business should be licensed, and I will add, and/or registered in any way with a the county and/or the state.

It would be helpful if NENAZ would provide some additional specifics about their business.

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 14, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Stringer!

It's also possible that NENAZ might be operating alone under their own legal name rather than a "doing business as" name; not have any employees and not be incorporated. Depending on the laws where the work is being performed, the above kinds of factors could also come into consideration as to whether a business should be licensed, and I will add, and/or registered in any way with a the county and/or the state.

It would be helpful if NENAZ would provide some additional specifics about their business.

Thanks!
    Correct Clough, they should give us more information in order to provide any help.

My mistake Clough, it just makes sense to incorporate for so many reasons such as protection, taxes, etc that I just made an assumption that they were, my bad, my friend.:)
    tampa5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 08:23 AM
    How could I obtain cleaning license
    Cleanaway50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 06:36 AM
    I am interested in starting my own business.Cleaning offices and homes.Need information on how to get started.I live in Maryland and I know I need a Janitors license to clean offices and homes.
    Cleanaway50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 06:38 AM
    Looking for information on how I can start my own Cleaning business.I know I need some type of License to start.Please let me know something.cleaning offices and homes.thank u.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to go to get a Cleaning License? [ 8 Answers ]

I have worked for years for someone else and now want to work around my own schedule. I want to work in the cleaning service but have no idea where to start.

Where to obtain funding for a green cleaning service [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find funding for a cleaning service that specializes in green cleaning practices?

Janitorial cleaning bids [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get cleaning bids

Cleaning 'license [ 1 Answers ]

I am starting a housecleaning business, sole proprietor, no employees. How and where do I get 'bonded' and what (if any) is the difference between being 'bonded' and 'insured'? Thanks!

View more questions Search