Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kraussnumber2 Posts: 105, Reputation: 10

Nov 11, 2008, 12:56 AM
    Bone in my sandwich from Mcdonalds.what should I do?
    Tonight we went to Mcdonald's and when I bit into my double cheeseburger I found that there was a small sharp hard bone in it. I was able to pull the little bone out of my mouth and still have it... as well as the rest of my sandwich. Im wondering if there is anything I can do about this as I am very upset and my tooth still hurts. I don't think there was any physical damage to my tooth... it just hurts. But like I said I am pretty upset and disgusted. Can I sue them for this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 11, 2008, 07:29 AM

First report it to the store manager. To be able to successfully sue you would have to prove real damage.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2008, 07:41 AM

Well as soon as you bit into it, you take it to the counter and have them do a report,

Now it is honestly going to be hard to prove the bone came from that sandwich.

But you can still report it, to the store, I have to be honest I would not expect them to do anything if it has been several days.

Nov 11, 2008, 02:22 PM

All right thanks guys... Im not as mad about it as I was last night and Im thinking it wouldn't be worth it to complain or try suing or anything. I did a bunch of research online and people get bones in the sandwhiches all the time. I also found out a bit more about the process in which they get their meat... Im still a little disturbed so Im thinking I won't be eating there for awhile which sucks cause it is my favorite place to eat! I love big macs! So it will be hard. Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2008, 05:59 AM

Why do you think I don't eat in fast food restaurants?
    buying Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 11:41 PM

I got a burger that had something like plastic bag mixed into the "meat". Weird. I was in college and on an EXTREMELY tight budget so it sucked. No money and no food. Not enough gas to get back to the store to complain either.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2008, 12:03 AM

I bought 80% ground beef at the supermarket, made sloppy joes for my family, and ended up biting down on a little piece of bone. Other times I end up chewing on pieces of gristle. Even when you slaughter the cow or the chicken yourself, there's a risk of getting something you don't want mixed in with the meat. In a company that deals with processing tons of raw meat or vegetables or fruits every day, the chances are even greater of accidentally putting something strange or unfriendly in the packages or cans, despite all sorts of sanitation and safety rules. House or inexpensive brands of sliced fruits or veggies can have leaves and small branches in them.

There's probably no way to escape some kind of occasional contamination or oddity or hair or insect pieces in one's food every now and then. My favorite story is that of a coworker who bought a salad at a fast-food place and noticed a live praying mantis peeking out of the lettuce leaves at him. Mike complained and got a new (free and mantis-free) salad plus coupons for sandwiches...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 05:42 AM

Lately in the news there have been a lot of "strange" objects found in the food at McDonalds restaurants. Don't know why, but this has been a real trend lately.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 05:47 AM

Newsflash: Cows have bones.

Nov 18, 2008, 04:52 PM

Yes... cows have bones... and so do all other animals... we have even cut up our own meat from deer and I have never biten into a bone before.
    I get your point though... I just don't think that I will be rushing back to any fast food places for awhile. They aren't good for us anyway and this is just another reason to avoid them. Im sure I will eat there again soon enough... as I said before I love Big Macs!
    But it will be in the back of my mind every time I go there, especially when we have kids and my kids are eating there.
    Thanks for all the advice... Ive pretty much dropped the subject now and moved on with my life. And I honestly felt that way the next morning...
    But thanks for the advice.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 18, 2008, 04:56 PM

Okay, you guys have all ruined my appetite, I was thinking of taking the kids to McDonalds tonight, not anymore. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mcdonalds beef [ 12 Answers ]

Where does mcdonalds buy their beef? Thanks

Found Metal Chunks In Mcdonalds Ice Cream [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, hope your all doing well. I was wondering if I could get some advice. 3 days ago me and my step daughter who's 11 years old, were at Mcdonalds and we ordered 2 ice cream cones. Driving on the way home, the little girl told me she had found something in her ice cream, I blew it off like...

Broke Tooth On McDonalds Hamburger [ 2 Answers ]

I live in TX and I ordered a doublequarter pound with cheese meal and when I brought it to work for lunch to eat it, I bit into the burger and broke my back tooth on a bone! I thought I had picked the bone out after I heard my tooth crunch but later checking, I was not able to locate it. My only...

Mcdonalds stock swap [ 4 Answers ]

Mcdonalds is offering it's stock holders a swap for chipotle stock at 10% discount. I like the way mcd has been rising steadily, is this a worthwhile deal?

Mcdonalds [ 2 Answers ]

Who wrote the jingle"you deserve a break today"?

View more questions Search